Jerry Garcia Band
1988-11-26
Wiltern Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. Cats Under The Stars
02. Forever Young
03. Someday Baby
04. Mississippi Moon
05. Dear Prudence
06. And It Stoned Me
07. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
2nd Set:
08. Harder They Come
09. Waiting For A Miracle
10. Evangeline
11. Don't Let Go
12. My Sisters And Brothers
13. That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)
14. Tangled Up In Blue
Whereas in prior years, the Jerry Garcia Band would play anywhere from 50 to 80 shows a year, beginning in 1988, they would reduce their workload to somewhere between 20 and 40 shows annually. Each individual show, however, was now longer, with 2 sets becoming standard, unlike when I had seen the band in 1978, 1980 and 1984 and they performed only 1 set. This soundboard, from November 11, 1988, 22 years ago today, at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, is a great example of the later era of the band. Jerry plays a classic mix of his own tunes along with coves of songs from The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Jimmy Cliff, James Taylor, and Bruce Cockburn, just to name a few. Download this one to hear how Garcia interprets the music of each of these rock legends!
,



15 comments:
Was lucky enough to attend this show, as well as most every JGB Wiltern show, good times!!!!!
thank you
Hi,
do you have Grateful Dead in Washington 1986-7-7 in good sound quality? There they sang two songs with Dylan and on encore fantastic version of Satisfaction.
I'm also looking for Clapton in Monaco 2008 and in Tampa 2008 - these were posted on Music Box blogspot but now links are dead and the bloger is not responisve.
Thanks,
Greg
Sorry -- don't have the Dead or Clapton shows you are looking for. if you want some Dead and Dylan togetger, try the 7-12-1987 and the 2-12-1989 shows posted on this blog. And for a great Satisfaction, try the 9-5-1982 show I have posted!
i was at one of the 2 shows..long time ago...thanks
This is one of my favorite Jerry Garcia Band recordings. Great sound quality and great performance. The fact that I was there might have something to do with it too. If you don't have this well you should give it a try. AZ Jones
Thanks a lot for this gem!
Hello Good Sir-
Could you please re-post this? All MirrorCreator links are dead.
I only saw JGB once. I had petty much stopped going on tour with the Dead in the early 90s. JGB came to the Onondaga War Memorial in Syracuse, NY so I couldn't pass that up though. I guess it was my only time at that venue as well. Never caught JGB after Jerry died.
I see that you reposted a few JGB shows - Thank you for that / those. So I thought it would be nice to get the last two reposted as well. The other one is Jerry Garcia Band - 1990-09-01 - Mountain View CA (HQ Aud).
I can place a separate request on that one if it makes it easier to get to the URL. I'll figure it out when I check back on this one..
Many thanks, as always,
The Brooklyn Kid In Exile In Binghamton
New links are up for both shows you requested! Enjoy!
Could you please re-post the JGB 1988-11-26
Wiltern Theatre show.
Many thanks for all you do.
new link is up! Enjoy!
Please reseed this dead link. Thanks Speedy!
new link is up! enjoy!
Thanks Speedy Appreciate all you do.
link r.i.p
new link is up! enjoy!
Post a Comment