The Eagles
1973-03-09
Popgala 1973
Voorburg, Netherland
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Acapella Intro (from the folk song Come All Ye Fair And Tender Ladies)
02. Take It Easy
03. Tequila Sunrise
04. Saturday Night
05. Peaceful Easy Feeling
06. How Long
07. Certain Kind Of Fool
08. Outlaw Man
09. Out Of Control
10. Witchy Woman
11. Keep On Tryin'
12. Early Bird
In June 1972, the Eagles released their self titled debut album to critical acclaim and commercial success. Three singles from the album, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Women and Take It Easy, all hit the top 25 on the Billboard charts. Moreover, the album played a key role in popularizing a new 1970s musical genre known as the Southern California country rock sound. In early 1973, the Eagles returned to England, where they had recorded their debut album, to again team with producer Glyn Johns, on their second album. While in Europe, they performed this show in the Netherlands on March 9, 1973, 41 years ago today. The set features all 3 hit singles from their first album, as well as 5 tracks from their soon to be released second disc - Tequila Sunrise, Saturday Night, Certain Kind Of Fool. Outlaw Man and Out of Control. Interestingly, the Eagles do not play the title track from that disc, Desperado, a track, which would eventually become one of their signature tunes.



9 comments:
Thanks Speedy, actually saw the eagles back in 1975 during their one of these nights tour. I'm fairly new at downloading bootlegs. I remember the days when to get a bootleg you had to go to some underground record shop and pay a fortune for a record or disc that was sometimes inaudible , sometimes I would pay $75.00 for a two disc set if it was someone popular like the stones or Led Zep , do you remember those days too?,Ive read a lot of comments lately on yours as well as various blogs about people being dissatisfied with official releases because of overdubs and edits. It seems that you can't trust any official release these days. Read where you praised Neil Young's massy hall show as being one of the few officials that got it right. Could you name a few more that you could recommend. I'm a huge Hendrix fan and their is a lot of discussion on various blogs about overdubs on his live stuff that's being released. The Hendrix family now owns the rights to his material , afraid to buy anything though because of all this overdub talk. I'll continue to collect bootlegs but wanted to know of any officials that you could recommend also , thanks a bunch
Thanks for the kind words. I do remember the days of having to buy bootlegs for a small fortune, I never had the cash to afford them!
I'm no expert on whether or not the record companies have added overdubs or edited official releases. What I do j=know is that Neil Young's recent live releases - called the archive series - all sound genuine to me, So do all the Grateful Dead Dick's Pick's and Dave Pick's. Beyond those, best to do your own research on line and see what you can uncover.
had more cash than brains back then, not now so much, any Hendrix live officials that you know about that might be warts and all?Thanks again
To be honest. not all that familiar with official live Hendrix bootlegs so really can't make a recommendation. Don't own any so really don't have a point of reference. The Neil stuff and Dead stuff I recommended because own them so I have first hand knowledge of how they sound.
I think bob Dylan ,live 1966 might be warts and all too, agree?
Sorry - don't own it so don't know
This looks great - thanks for the share, speedy!
You're very welcome Alan. Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks Speddy! Love the early Eagles!
Post a Comment