Marshall Tucker Band
1974-11-29
Palace Theater
Providence, RI
HQ Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Hillbilly Band
02. How Can I Slow Down
03. Can't You See
04. In My Own Way
05. 24 Hours At A Time
06. This Ol' Cowboy
07. Ramblin'
08. Take The Highway
09. Everyday (I Have The Blues)
10. The Thrill Is Gone
I only saw the Marshall Tucker Band in concert once, as the lead in to the Grateful Dead in September 1977 at Englishtown, NJ. That was my first Dead show and it was so good that it was officially released as part of the Dick's Picks series. Over 150,000 showed up to see the Dead, Marshall Tucker and the New Riders, the largest concert in terms of attendance in NJ history. The MTB played a great set, finishing with a smoking hot version of Can't You See which still ranks as one of the best songs I've ever heard live. This high quality audience recording, from legendary taper Dan Lampanski, captures Marshall Tucker 3 years earlier, on November 29, 1974, 41 years ago today!

5 comments:
Thanks so much for the post. I too saw them at Englishtown (last MTB for me). I was a MTB fan prior to getting on the bus with the Good Ole Grateful Dead. They were a polished act of Southern Rock, touch of Gospel and great showmanship.Initially saw them in 74-75 at The Capital in NJ. Hooked immediately. Saw them in 76' in Central Park and Asbury Park, besides my GD experiences, MTB was up there as some of the best shows seen.
Great era here in 74' "Where We All Belong Tour". Thanks Speedy!!
Ahhhh... LOVE the MTB. Thanks so much for this!
Fantastic post!
The Link is dead. Thanks you for a new link
new link is up - enjoy!
Post a Comment