Nick Lowe
with Paul Carrack
1983-03-30
Toad's Place
New Haven, CT
WNEW-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. A Little Unkind
02. Stick It Where the Sun Don't Shine
03. Tempted
04. Cruel To Be Kind
05. Saint Beneath The Paint
06. Give My Heart A Break
07. I'm Not In Love
08. Raging Eyes
09. Cool Reaction
10. From Now On
11. I Found Love
12. I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass
13. How Long
14. Lesson In Love
15. Burning
16. I Need You
17. Shake And Pop
18. I Knew The Bride (cuts in)
19. So Right, So Wrong
20. Peace, Love & Understanding
21. Heart Of The City
Nick Lowe - 1983-03-30 - New Haven, CT (FM)
with Paul Carrack
1983-03-30
Toad's Place
New Haven, CT
WNEW-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. A Little Unkind
02. Stick It Where the Sun Don't Shine
03. Tempted
04. Cruel To Be Kind
05. Saint Beneath The Paint
06. Give My Heart A Break
07. I'm Not In Love
08. Raging Eyes
09. Cool Reaction
10. From Now On
11. I Found Love
12. I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass
13. How Long
14. Lesson In Love
15. Burning
16. I Need You
17. Shake And Pop
18. I Knew The Bride (cuts in)
19. So Right, So Wrong
20. Peace, Love & Understanding
21. Heart Of The City
Nick Lowe - 1983-03-30 - New Haven, CT (FM)
Having brought you some post Rockpile, solo Dave Edmunds earlier this one, it seems only fitting we do the same treatment for Nick Lowe! In 1981 after the breakup of Rockpile, Lowe recorded a solo album entitled Nick The Knife. The disc, however, has several ties to his former band. First, it includes a slowed down cover of the Rockpile tune, Heart. Second, both drummer Terry Williams and guitarist Billy Bremner from the band back Lowe on the album. So too do guitarist Martin Belmont, from The Rumour and Paul Carrack, formerly of Squeeze. Then in March 1983, Lowe released an album entitled The Abominable Showman, which included the now well know tunes Ragin' Eyes and Time Wounds All Heels. Carrack and Belmont also played on that album along with James Eller and Bobby Irwin. Those 4 also served as his backing band when he went on tour in support of both albums in Spring 1983, as captured in this FM broadcast from Macrh 30, 1983, 28 years ago today.



5 comments:
hello mr.speedymjb.. greetings from Malaysia.. please visit me at :-
http://albumretro.blogspot.my/
Thanks very much! Appreciate all you share.
Sair - http://www.sair.me
Thank you so much for the Nick Lowe--highly underrated. Loved this tour and the energy of this show. Again, many thanks and happy 6.5 years!
Would it be possible to re-up please? Thanks in advance. I'm thrilled to see these here.
new link is up - enjoy
Post a Comment