Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
with Dave Mason
1969-09-14
Big Sur Folk Festival
Esalen Institute
Big Sur, CA
HQ Audience or SBD Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. World Of Changes*
02. Only You Know & I Know*
xx. Get Together (with Joni Mitchell) (missng)
03. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
2nd Set;
04. Pre-Road Downs
05. Long Time Gone,
06. Bluebird
07. Sea of Madness
xx. Wooden Ships (missing)
xx. Down By The River (missing)
* With Dave Mason
CSNY 1969 - Back to Back - #2: As promised yesterday, here’s the 2nd half of our Back to Back set featuring CSNY in 1969 at Big Sur Folk Fesdtival. This high quality audience (or maybe even soundboard) recording captures CSNY on September 14, 1969, 51 years ago today. The tape includes 7 songs from their 2 sets, including Dave Mason playing on World In Changes and only You Know & I Know.



8 comments:
My buddy and I set out from L.A. in his father's Thunderbird (while his parents were in Europe) to drive to Big Sur for this show. Somewhere near Thousand Oaks the engine overheated and caught fire ... and sometime later, we caught hell. Never did make it to the show, of course -- a source of great regret even now.
Sorry you didn't make the show but thanks for sharing a great story
"Get Together" (CSNY with Joni Mitchell) from Big Sur is available here on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-d44jZADbI
The Big Sur footage of CSNY with Joni Mitchell, singing "come together" is available here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-d44jZADbI
The Big Sur footage of CSNY with Joni Mitchell, singing "come together" is available here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-d44jZADbI
Thanks!
Thank you very much!
I may have a copy of this show on cassette. Crosby, Stills and Nash - August 12, 1985 - Pier 84 NY I need to go to where it's stored to confirm. I will get back to you
Post a Comment