Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 21, 2021

The Wallflowers - 1997-02-21 - New York, NY (SBD)

The Wallflowers
1997-02-21
Roseland
New York NY
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01.  Ashes To Ashes
02.  One Headlight
03.  Three Marlenas
04.  Sixth Avenue Heartache
05.  You're So Vain (with Carly Simon)
06.  Murder One By One
07.  God Don't Make Lonely Girls
08.  <talk>
09.  The Difference

Note: leading in for Sheryl Crow


1990s - #5: In May 1996, The Wallflowers released their 2nd album, Bringing Down the Horse. While sales started slowly, interest picked up when the single 6th Avenue Heartache began receiving extensive airplay on FM radio. The video for the tune also went into heavy rotation on MTV and VH1. The disc eventually reached #4 on the Billboard charts and certified 4 times platinum. In January 1997, the band received 2 Grammy nominations for 6th Avenue Heartache. This FM broadcast captures them right after receiving those nominations, in New York on February 21, 1997, 2 dozen years ago this very day.






11 comments:

paxam1973 said...

"In January 1977, the band received 2 Grammy nominations for 6th Avenue Heartache" Wow the went back in time and got a grammy! Haha no worries, very cool upload thank you.

speedymjb said...

GOOD CATCH! i FIXED IT! THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!

paxam1973 said...

Thank you for all the music. And sorry, I'm a bit of a nitpicker sometimes 😉

Bobby said...

This is so awesome. Can't thank you enough. Always happy to get another Wallflowers show!

Bobby said...

Oh, man. I missed it. It's expired now, and I'd have to sign up for paid access. If you get a free minute, could you point me toward another source for this show? So hate I missed it. Thanks in advance.

Favorite band since I was a teenager around the time of this show. Then Jakob led me to Bob, which led to decades spent getting to know his work. Not to mention the countless other artists I found working my way backward and forward from Bob.

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words! New link is up - enjoy!

Bobby said...

You're awesome, speedy. Thanks a million.

Bobby said...

Hey Mr. Speedy. Recently had my computer die -- along with 20 years worth of digital music -- and am trying to rebuild some little bit of my collection. This Wallflowers show was one of my alltime favorites (by the first band that grabbed me as a kid in the '90s). If you find the spare time to do an upload, and if it's not a lot of trouble, I'd love to be able to get this one again. So hard to find Wallflowers shows. Or, if it's more convenient to you, you could point me in the direction where I might find this one or others by them or J.D. solo. Anyways, with a massive truckload of gratitude, thanks again for the years of great tunes! Been enjoying the Petty band '03 and Everly Bros "65 radio show here lately! Earlier Everly boot I've heard. Can't beat those guys for harmonies! Best to you and your family!

speedymjb said...

@Bobby - sorry about the loss of your computer and music. Normally, our re-post policy is no more than 1 or 2 shows a week (see the sidebar). But given the circumstances, I made an exception and re-posted every Wallflowers show on my site - 8 in all. Enjoy! And don't hesitate in the future to ask per additional reports per our policy.!

speedymjb said...

@Bobby - one other note - if you are into Springsteen, Billy Joel or Cream, I have links to Mega Drive folders with lots of shows by each - I can post those in a comment if you want!

Bobby said...

Mr. Speedy you just knocked me plumb for a loop! So cool of you, amigo! I'm about to do some serious DL'ing the next few days.

Apologies for the long time it took before I was able to reply. No internets at the homefront at present, and I had to wait till I could get to my sister's place to rejoin the digital age.

This evening I'm about to spend a couple of hours or so on a mission to help an elderly part lab get better (hopefully), but I have a couple of rock and roll stories I think you'd get a kick out of -- about finally getting to see the Wallflowers live the first time in 2017 and my encounter with Jakob Dylan.

It may take me until tomorrow to get it down on paper in a passable form and zapped across the internet your way, but I'll get some paragraphs to you on that right away.

Thanks again for all the WFs re-ups! Saying you're a class act doesn't even start it. I've been grieving over my digital getting lost (or at least beyond my accessing it until I can get the pros on a recovery mission) -- it hit me surprisingly hard. Don't know how deeply you do miss the water till the rock and roll well runs dry!

Thanks for this blast of sunshine! You've got a friend in Mississippi if you ever find yourself down around Tupelo!

Love those other rock and rollers you mentioned too! If it's not any trouble I'd def like to take you up on that Mega Drive music.

Till next!

Post a Comment