Hall & Oates
1977-02-13
RAI Congrescentrum
Amsterdam, Netherlands
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Camellia
02. You're Much Too Soon
03. Is It A Star
04. Sarah Smile
05. Do What You Want, Be What You Are
06. She's Gone
07. Abandoned Luncheonette
08. Ennui On The Mountain
09. Gino (The Manager)
Believe it or not, the 2nd concert I ever attended was Hall & Oates on June 23, 1977 at the Garden State (now the PNC Bank) Arts Center in Holmdel NJ. I was a big fan of the tune She's Gone, which when re-released in 1976, went to #7 on the Billboard charts. I also really enjoyed the songs Sara Smile, which went to #4 on the Billboard charts, and Rich Girl, which became the duo's first #1 hit. I saw the band for a 2nd time on September 14, 1978, also at the Arts Center. At that point, the duo's sound started to take on more of a pop music feel, and I lost interest in them. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the new direction, the band soared to new heights, scoring five #1 hits in the early 1980s. This FM broadcast captures the band a few months before the forst time I saw them live, in Amsterdam on February 13, 1977, 45 years ago today.



7 comments:
most of the H&O links could use a re-up as they are not working
tHANKS - GIVEN THERE ARE OVER 5000 POSTS ON THIS BLOG, IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP THEMALL WORKIG. IF THERE'S A PARTCILUAR SHOW, YOU'D LIKE, PLEASE POST A RE-POTS REQUEST IN A COMMENT BELOW THAT SHOW. FOR MORE INFO ON RE-POSTS - SEE OUR POLICY IN THE SIDE BAR
Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing this one. And that's cool that you got to see them way back when. Thanks again speedy!
Thanks so much for this one, really brings me back. I've always loved their early stuff; Abandoned Luncheonette ('73) and the "silver album" ('75). Sorry that I was just too young to have seen them back then!
Speedy -
You don't have to post this if you don't want to. I know you're a big Marshall Crenshaw fan, so I wanted to let you know that the BigO site (bigozine2.com) just posted a cool Crenshaw concert from 1996 that you don't have on your blog. Maybe you've seen it already, but I just wanted to let you know. Just my attempt to try to give something back since I've gotten so much from here!
@Greatscott67 - thanks! I saw that MC show and grabbed it!
@Gman - glad you and so mnay other folks like the H&O post!
Post a Comment