Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 26, 2025

Earthquake Benefit - 1989-11-26 - Daly City, CA (FM)

Earthquake Relief Benefit
1989-11-26
Cow Palace 
Daly City, CA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

America
01. Tin Man
02. I Need You
03. Ventura Highway
04. Sister Golden Hair
05. A Horse With No Name

Eddie Money
01. Two Tickets To Paradise
02. If I Could Walk On Water
03. I Think I'm In Love
04. Take Me Home Tonight
05. Shakin

Jessie Colin Young
01. Ridgetop
02. Love That Can Last
03. Sunlight
04. We Can Make It Real
05. T-Bone Shuffle
06. Get Together

Steve Miller
01. The Joker
02. Mercury Blues
03. Swingtown
04. Jungle Love
05. Rock'n Me
06. Jet Airliner
07. Take The Money And Run
08. Who Do You Love

Neil Young
01. My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)
02. Rockin' In The Free World
03. Comes A Time
04. Homegrown
05. Heart of Gold
06. instrument ihange
07. Crime In The City (Sixty To Zero, Pt. 1)

Crosby, Stills & Nash 
01. Wasted On The Way
02. Change Partners
03. Lee Shore
04. Just A Song Before I Go
05. Helplessly Hoping
06. Wind On The Water
07. Southern Cross
08. Wooden Ships (featuring Paul Kantner)
09. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
10. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (continued)
11. Teach Your Children


1980s - #4: On October 17, 1989, an arthquake wuth a magniude of 6.9 struck the San Francisco area, killing 63 people and injuring 3800 others.  The quake, the strongest to hit the region since 1906, did over $6 billion in damage. As had been the case with other tragedies, rock and rollers came together to help raise money for those impacted by the deadly quake.  This FM broadcast captures highlights of the Earthquake Relief Benefit concert from the Cow Palace on November 26, 1989, 3 dozen years ago today, including sets from Neil Young, Crosby Stills & Nash, America, Eddie Money, Steve Miller, and Jessie Colin Young.






6 comments:

Gman said...

Thank you so much for this! My wife and I were living in San Mateo when that nasty earthquake hit. Fortunately we weren't injured in the tragedy, likewise for all of my family living in the South Bay. But we ended up moving away the beginning of 1990. I completely missed this benefit; thanks again for posting such a great recording!

speedymjb said...

Enjoy the music my friend, And I am glad the quake did not impact you!

Anna said...

This looks amazing!

Gman said...

We were definitely rockin' and rollin' but no injuries...

juan manuel muñoz said...

Muchísimas gracias, apreciado amigo. Saludos.

Digam11 said...

Thanks very much !!!

Post a Comment