Well, the saga of Bob and his boots just keeps rolling along (see below the dotted line for some past history). Looks like Mr. Dylan, much like Mr. Morrison, has fired Web Sheriff. Hooray! More and more sites have been posting Dylan bootlegs in recent weeks. I'm slowly going to restore therefore, all the posts and links that I have to Dylan concerts. I've started with 3 shows of Bob with The Band from 1974. Just go to the artist list in the sidebar, click on either Bob Dylan or The Band, then scroll down till you find the show. The links to the concert, as always, in in the middle of the post. Enjoy! I'll keep you posted as I restore more links! And lets hope this time these can stay up for everyone to enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the last few months, the saga of Bob Dylan bootlegs has been quite a roller coaster ride. At one point, I got word that DIME had banned all Bob Dylan bootlegs because they had been threatened with legal action if they did not remove them from their site. Then I heard that DIME has taken Dylan off the banned list and could once again post his shows! Then on Wednesday, all my Dylan posts were removed by Megaupload. I put them all back up, only to find out 30 minutes ago, they were all taken down again. So at this point, I am not going to repost those shows. I don't want to take a risk that my site is taken down or that my Megaupload account is canceled. Looks like we will have to live without any of Mr. Robert Zimmerman. Its a shame that Dylan has taken the Van Morrison route, but at least there's plenty of other great music to share.
Update as of April 5 - Mr. Zimmerman has hired Web Sheriff, following in the footsteps of Van Morrison. They contacted me yesterday to remove all my Dylan posts, which I had left on my site so folks could read about the shows, even though I had deleted the links to the music weeks ago! Seems that they don't want any references to Bob's bootlegs on the web, including posting of the set lists and artwork! So, I've removed them all to protect my site from any legal action. The only reference you'll find on this site, therefore, to Bob Dylan is this one! As I said above, it's a shame, but we have plenty of other music for you!
The Eagles Live - Re-Post Folder
-
In our continuing series of folders containing re-posts of live shows
previously shared on this blog, today, we bring you a folder of The Eagles.
Grab them...

16 comments:
He is a Millionaire motherfucker
Fuck Bob Dylan, fuckin' dinosaur.
Yeah,it's best to delete his music right now speedy. I had about 175 bootleg music videos posted on YouTube. I was warned 3 times to remove them. I didn't do it,and EVERY single video was deleted. I'd hate to see your blog deleted.
thanks for the news..as record companies continue to lose money, instead of new ideas, they resort to this stuff. i bet more artists will follow..like dave matthews perhaps..don't they know it really won't work and will just alienate fans
Well well well. Mr Dylan is not so anti establishment anymore is he. Hey Bob listen to this
And now I know you’re dissatisfied
With your position and your place
Don’t you understand
It’s not my problem
I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment
I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You’d know what a drag it is
To see you
Stop being such a drag Bob
AZ Jones
Well, it’s Bob's music. I suspect he can do whatever he wants to do with it. It's all been a free ride up to this point, and I think everyone here knows that's true.
The Times They Are A-Changin' indeed!
DIME have now pulled all Dylan from their site. Such a shame that a great artist and someone who was so anti establishment has become part of the system. He could learn much from the late Garcia and Grateful Dead. Such a shame!
well the Dead did make their big play to pull SBD's from archive.org and are now packaging everything for sale...anywho....Bob likely hasn't much if anything to do with any of this...he long ago gave over control to Columbia/Sony and came of age at a time when labels were in charge of this kind of thing...all the successful old-timers seem most comfortable in the old paradigm...after all its what they know and for them its worked.....Ladies and gentleman, Columbia recording artist, Bob Dylan!....Whatever's happening its the doings of Sony corporate goons scrambling to maintain revenue streams etc etc....Whats interesting is...they dont appear to be going after the discussion boards at Expecting Rain....links to all shows are working fine and there isnt a peep from admin about any impending change....in fact Bobdylan.com even has an account there and has posted a SBD for all to download...courtesy of Columbia archives no less....and Expecting Rain has links to nearly every single Dylan show...it is THE place for all things Dylan and Columbia knows this...there trying to figure out how to monetize without complete alienation...by bringing expecting rain into the fold if you will....Its the independents like this great site here who will get the crackdown....its all about control and much easier to monitor one site than hundreds.....am i making any sense????
bummer, sorry speedy
Thanks Fred. It does stink -- not just for me, but for everyone. Can't share if you can't post!
the handlers have become aggressive to maintain revenue streams needed to pay for college educations and 4th cars and vacation homes...the old man has checked out....the suits dont wanna lose their fake careers built on the talent of others....
I'm confused. If the posts contain no officially released material, under what claim can they demand that the posts be taken down?
I'm rich but not rich-enough?
You got it!
I still confused. To make a demand like that requires a point of law, and what point do Sony and/or Dylan have?
If it's not officially released, it isn't anyone's property, and therefore can't be "stolen".
Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.
Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.
In their sties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.
Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.
Piggies - George Harrison
Well Bob, if you don't want me to listen to your music, I won't.
DIME and Dylan can kiss my ass!
Who the fuck think this old bastard was he without us.the fans??
Dylan your an absolutely money asshole!
Post a Comment