Nick Lowe
with Paul Carrack
1982-10-29
Uptown Theatre
Kansas City, MO
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. A Little Unkind
02. I'm In Love
03. Don't Give My Heart A Break
04. Tempted
05. Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine
06. My Heart Hurts
07. Mary Provost
08. Always Better With You
09. From Now On
10. Burnin
11. Cruel To Be Kind
12. Switchboard Susan
13. I Need You
14. I Found Love
15. (I Love The Sound Of) Breaking Glass
16. Cracking Up
17. How Long
18. band introductions
19. Lesson In Love
20. Heart Of The City
21. crowd
22. So Right, So Wrong
23. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock And Roll)
24. crowd
25. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding
Rockpile - Alone & Together #4: Our last entry in our Rockpile fourplay is an soundboard recording that captures Nick Lowe with Paul Carrack on October 29, 1982, 32 years ago today. In 1981 after the breakup of Rockpile, Lowe recorded a solo album entitled Nick The Knife. The disc, however, has several ties to his former band. First, it includes a slowed down cover of the Rockpile tune, Heart. Second, both drummer Terry Williams and guitarist Billy Bremner from the band back Lowe on the album. So too do guitarist Martin Belmont, from The Rumour and Paul Carrack, formerly of Squeeze. When Lowe went on tour in support of the album, his backing band, Noise To Go, consisted of Carrack, Belmont, James Eller and Bobby Irwin.



3 comments:
Hi Speedy,
I hope you are well... thank you for the Nick Lowe/Paul Carrack show... great stuff.
staffie
Nifty!
Thank you very much!
Post a Comment