Nick Lowe
with Paul Carrack
1985-10-19
The Ritz
New York, NY
FM Broadcast (WNEW-FM)
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Raging Eyes
02. She Don't love Nobody
03. Cracking Up
04. Mary Provost
05. One Woman Man
06. Saint Beneath The Paint
07. Your My Wildest Dream
08. Shake And Pop
09. Tempted
10. Cruel To Be Kind
11. Rose Of England
12. Darling Angel Eyes
13. Seven Nights of Rock
14. I Knew The Bride
15. I Need You
16. How Long
17. Half A Boy
Rockpile - Alone & Together #1: As long time readers of this blog know, I’m a big fan of Rockpile and its 2 front men, Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds. So here’s a fourplay dedicated to both their work as a band and as solo artists. This WNEW-FM broadcast captures Lowe on Oct 19, 1985, 29 years ago today, at The Ritz in NY. Billed as Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit, this show also features Paul Carrack, of Ace and Squeeze fame, on the keyboards behind Nick. In fact, the set list includes Carrack’s two best know tunes, How Long and Tempted. Also, included is Shake and Pop, which is basically the same song as They Called It Rock, just with different lyrics for the chorus. Typical Nick Lowe, the master of satire! By the way, if you don’t own Lowe’s first album, Jesus of Cool, which was released in the U.S. as Pure Pop For Now People, then you’re missing one of the great pop albums of all time. .



11 comments:
Thanks. Great show. Would love to see Rockpile get together one more time, if they can all get along.
Unfortunately, Dave Edmunds isn't in the best of health these days. He had a coronary bypass a few years ago, and never really recovered from it. The last I heard, he's semi retired, and living in Sweden.
Wow! Thanks. I remember listening to this when it was broadcast and I was really disappointed that my tape recorder wasn't working at the time. Great to hear it again after all these years.
Could you re-up? Links are broken. Great blog!
Give me a day or so and I'll get it a new link
New link is up!
can you please reupload this one ?
All the Rocpile are really fntastic!!
New link is up! Enjoy!
can you please reupload this one ?
All the Rocpile are really fntastic!!
New link is up!
Thank you very much!
Post a Comment