Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 9, 2015

Neil Diamond - 1976-03-09 - Sydney, Australia (FM)

Neil Diamond
1976-03-09
Sports Ground
Sydney, Australia
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. dj intro
02. Missa
03. Soolaimon
04. Play me
05. dialogue
06. Solitary Man
07. Cherry Cherry
08. Sweet Caroline
09. The Last Picasso
10. dialogue
11. Longfellow Serenade
12. Morningside
13. dialogue
14. Song Sung Blue
15. dialogue
16. band intro
17. Cracklin' Rosie
18. Holly Holy
19. I Am...I said

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull Suite:
20. Anthem
21. Be
22. Dear Father
23. Skybird
24. Lonely Looking Sky
25. Anthem (reprise)
26. Be (reprise)
27. audience applause
28. Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show
29. I've Been This Way Before


Incredibly, in late 1972, soon after the 10 night stand at The Greek Theater in Los Angeles that yielded the legendary live disc Hot August Night, Neil Diamond took an almost 4 year sabbatical from live performances. When he finally returned to the stage, it was in early 1976 with a tour of New Zealand and Australia. Diamond set attendance records everywhere he played with shows often selling out even before the dates were officially announced. By the time the three-week tour wrapped up in Sydney, Diamond had played to more than 150,000 fans. The tour was so popular, in fact, his final Sydney concert was broadcast live, as a gesture of thanks to everyone who had supported him and for those who had been unable to attend the shows. This FM broadcast captures that final, triumphant concert in Sydney on on March 9, 1976, 39 years ago today.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said it was neil young , wrong neil, sure it was just a mistake.love both neils. thanks

Catfish John said...

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!! I know what's #1 in my playlist tomorrow! I've never seen this'n before. I have only a handful of quality N.D. boots, & this will be a very welcome addition! You are truly amazing, THANK YOU, SPEEDY!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

you said neil young, wrong neil sure it was just a mistake, love neil voung also thanks speedy

speedymjb said...

Thanks for catching my error - that's what happens when you type way too late at night. All fixed now, Enjoy the tunz!

La Piazza Gancio said...

Sorry, Speedy, but without "Forever in Blue Jeans" this is just imitation Neil.

speedymjb said...

I only postwhat they played, my good freind - I don't get to choose the set list - though I wish I did!

La Piazza Gancio said...

Someday? I am going to sing that song at a karaoke bar.

earlybird said...

Could you please revive this concert post.

Thanks in advance.

earlybird said...

Is this still available? If so I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

earlybird said...

Is this concert still available? If so please post.

Thanks.

speedymjb said...

New link is up -enjoy

earlybird said...

Thanks so much for the re-up. Great show.

Thanks!

Post a Comment