Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 26, 2015

NME Poll Winners Concert - 1964-04-26 - London, UK (SBD)

New Musical Express Poll Winners Concert
1964-04-26
Empire Pool, Wembley
London, UK
Soundboard Recording of TV Broadcast (ABC/London)
224 Kbps
Artwork Included

01. Opening Theme

Joe Loss Orchestra Band
02. Patsy (Party?) Girl

The Hollies
03. Rockin’ Robin
04. Just One Look

Rolling Stones
05. Not Fade Away
06. I Just Want To Make Love To You
07. I’m Alright

Joe Loss Orchestra Band
08. Peanut Vender

The Swinging Blue Jeans
09. Shake, Rattle And Roll
10. Good Golly Miss Molly

The Searchers
11. Farmer John
12. Don’t Throw Your Love Away
13. What’d I Say

Freddie & The Dreamers
14. Kansas City (Hey! Hey! Hey!)
15. Send Me Some Lovin’
16. Who Wears Short Shorts

Brian Poole & The Tremeloes
17. Candy Man
18. Do You Love Me

Manfred Mann
19. Sticks And Stones
20. Hubble Bubble

Jet Harris & Tony Meechan
21. Diamonds
22. Big Bad Bass

Kathy Kirby
23. You’re The One
24. Dance On

Billy Kramer & The Dakotas
01. I’ll Keep You Satisfied
02. They Remind Me Of You

The Mersey Beats
03. I Think Of You
04. Don’t Turn Around
05. I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry

The Diamonds
06. Happy Being Fat

Joe Brown & His Bruvvers
07. I’m Henry The VIII, I Am
08. The Seculy Gas
09. What A Crazy World

Gerry & The Pacemakers
10. I Like It
11. I’m The One
12. Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying

The Beatles
13. Awards Presentation by Roger Moore
14. Murray The K Introduces The Beatles
15. She Loves You
16. You Can’t Do That
17. Twist And Shout
18. Long Tall Sally
19. Can’t Buy Me Love


1960s - #5: The New Musical Express (better known as the NME) is a popular music magazine in the United Kingdom which has been published weekly since March 1952. On November 14, 1952, taking its cue from the U.S. magazine Billboard, NME created the first UK Singles Chart. During the 1960s, the paper championed the new British groups emerging at the time. From 1963 to 1966, NME produced an annual Poll Winners Concert, at which bands voted the best by the paper's readers would perform and accept their award.The shows were filmed, edited and then broadcast on British television. The 1964 Poll Winners Concert was held on April 26 of that year, 51 years ago today. In addition to such acts as The Hollies, Gerry and The Pacemakers, and Manfred Mann, both The Rolling Stones and The Beatles performed! The Beatles, the night's big winners, closed the show with a 5 song set.  Murray The K, the US disc jockey often called the 5th Beatle, introduced the Fab Four, and actor Roger Moore (yes - James Bond!) presented them with their awards! My thanks to my friend Andy (you can meet him at the chat box at D&P's Tunz World) for this incredible soundboard recording of an historic night!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahhh..Hahhh..Hahhhhh...!! SWEET!

Normski said...

On a minor technicality Speedy - - - - that should be 'Joe Loss' not Joe Ross. Just felt I should let ya know.

Normski

speedymjb said...

Hello Normski my friend! Thanks for the clarification. The artwork is wrong too as well as it says Joe Ross (I didn't make the artwork). I've corrected the post.

staffie said...

Many thanks for this on speedy, hope all well with you and yours...

best to you all

staffie

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed Staffie! Hope all is well my good friend. Sorry I missed you when you stopped by at Dino's site. I do hope you'll come back and chat there regularly! We all miss you!

La Piazza Gancio said...

Somehow missed this the first time around. The Stones' and (especially) the Beatles' performances are priceless!

I am gobsmacked.

Anonymous said...

the linksare dead please could you bring them to life thank you jed

speedymjb said...

New link up! Enjoy!

Spensersdada said...

This is rare. Thank you very much.

Spensersdada said...

This is amazing. Thanks

speedymjb said...

My pleasure! Glad you enjoyed!

Jon said...

Good day! I have been seeking this show for a long time, but the file is now off the server. Would you be so kind as to repost this show?
Thanks in advance!

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

Jon said...

Thank you so very much! :^)

speedymjb said...

New link is up -enjoy

Frank said...

Great rare music!!!!

Post a Comment