Eric Clapton
1975-04-14
Festival Hall
Brisbane, Australia
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
Disc 1:
01. Introduction
02. Badge
03. Milk Cow Blues > Have You Ever Loved A Woman
04. Steady Rollin' Man
05. Can't Find My Way Home
06. Teach Me To Be Your Woman
07. Let It Rain
Disc 2:
01. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
02. I Shot The Sheriff
03. Layla > All I Have To Do Is Dream
04. Little Wing
05. Little Queenie
In 1974, after a 3 year hiatus due to his addiction to heroin, Eric Clapton made a triumphant return to the rock world, releasing the critically acclaimed album, 461 Ocean Boulevard. The album went to number 1 on the Billboard charts, and also yielded EC's first number 1 single, a cover of Bob Marley's I Shot The Sheriff. That single also helped introduce reggae music to a more mainstream audience. Clapton went on tour in support of the album, playing concerts the US, Japan, Germany and England between July and December 1974. Then in April 1975, he embarked on his first ever tour of Australia. I've been fortunate enough to find soundboard recordings of 4 dates from that historic tour in the land down under. Today, I'm posting the first, from Festival Hall in Brisbane on April 14, 1975, 37 years ago today.



8 comments:
Both these shows look like a marvelous story.. Soundboard in Australia, 35 years ago...
Thank you so much for sharing these
Derek
My pleasure! Enjoy all the shows posted here and come back for more updates!
Thanks Speedy .. Deposit file link still works on this one ! justdave
Kind Sir, when you get a minute in your busy schedule, it would be great if you could upload this. Many thanks.
new link is up! enjoy!
new link is up! enjoy!
nice.. i love eric clapton
blog walking from malaysia http://albumretro.blogspot.my/
Thanks a lot.
Post a Comment