Paul McCartney & Wings
1976-05-03
Tarrant county Convention Center
Fort Worth, TX
HQ Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Venus & Mars
02. Rockshow
03. Jet
04. Let Me Roll It
05. Spirits Of Ancient Egypt
06. Medicine Jar
07. Maybe I'm Amazed
08. Call Me Back Again
09. Lady Madonna
10. Long And Winding Road
11. Live And Let Die
12. Picasso / Richard Cory
13. Bluebird
14. I've Just Seen A Face
15. Blackbird
CD 2:
01. Yesterday
02. You Gave Me The Answer
03. Magneto & Titanium Man
04. My Love
05. Listen To What The Man Said
06. Let 'Em In
07. Time To Hide
08. Silly Love Songs
09. Beware My Love
10. Letting Go
11. Band On The Run
12. Hi Hi Hi
13. Soily
Wings Over America Daily Double - #1: In the spring of 1976, Paul McCartney, with his new band Wings, toured the United States for the first time since the Beatles last show in San Francisco in 1966. It was a historic event, commemorated afterwards by a then almost unheard of release of a 3 album set called Wings Over America. Wings played 2 nights at Madison Square Garden, on Monday May 24 and Tuesday May 25. I was a junior in high school, so my buddies and I couldn't go - school night! Not that we were all that upset. Rumors abounded that the Beatles were on the verge on re-uniting (it had only been 6 years since the break up), so we figured why see 1/4 of the group when it would just be a matter of time before you could see them in their entirety. As we know, the rumors never came true, and just 4 years later, in 1980, John Lennon was tragically shot and killed. Now looking back, its clear I should have found a way to go as Wings never again toured the US. I missed out on history. Fortunately, I have several high quality bootlegs, not to mention the triple live album, Wings Over America, to help me hear what I missed. This high quality audience recording captures Macca & Wings on May 3, 1976, 42 years ago today in Fort Worth on the opening night of the tour.. Download this one, then come back on May 22 for the 2nd half of this Daily Double



10 comments:
Thanks for the post Speedy,those were the days wernt they. Remember how huge this tour was .Beatlemania was still fresh in everyones mind, Paul was rock royality . He had this uncanny ability to write and sing these great pop songs with great hooks and although some people think his ballads were cheesy i still tear up whenever i hear My Love, Oh by the way do you remember Paul, Linda and the band being intervewed by Geraldo on the old goodnight america show to promote the tour, Paul kept calling him Tony Orlando , it was funny as hell
Thanks for the kind words! Yep only one Sir Paul - and I'm going to see him gain on July 21 in Philly! Taking my wife and my twin 15 year old boys! They know every Beatle and Wings song. It will be their first concert so I'm starting them on the right foot!
I don't remember Paul on Geraldo, but calling him Tony Orlando is priceless.Got to see if I can find that on Youe Tube!
ThanksSpeedy, besides the Geraldo interview , 3 years earlier in 1973 Paul did a tv special called James Paul McCartney, It was around the time that Red Rose Speedway came out and the single My Love topped the charts, do you remember that, are there any shows from the fall 1975 europeon tour that preceded the 76 show.very similer set list but they did Juniors farm that tour, any chance to post one of those shows, seen them posted before on other blogs but the links were always dead, thanks again
I do remember the James Paul McCartney special! Sorry - I don't have any of the 1975 Europe shows. I'll keep my eyes open for them.
jUST YOUTUBED THE GERALDO INTERVIEW, BESIDES CALLING HIM TONY HE ALSO REFFERED TO HIM AS FREDDIE AS IN THE LATE GREAT COMMEDIAN FREDDIE PRINZE WHO WAS HUGE IN THE MID 70S , REMEMBER CHICO AND THE MAN ? PRICELESS, HILLARIOUS
BOTH PAUL AND JOHN HAD A GREAT BITING IREVERANT SENSE OF HUMOR,REALLY MISS JOHN HARD TO BELIEVE HES BEEN GONE FOR ALMOST 35 YEARS,THAT BASTARD ROBBED US ALL OF WHAT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN AS JOHN AND PAUL WERE FINALLY PUTTING THERE DIFFERENCES BEHIND THEM, REMEMBER WHEN JOHN COHOSTED THE MIKE DOUGLAS SHOW BACK IN 72? SO TALENTED AND A NATURAL COMEDIAN , WHAT AN IREPLACEABLE LOSS
Thanks for this. I do have a comment about your notes. The triple disc live album had been done very successfully prior to "Wings Over America". Think "Concert for Bangladesh" by Paul's former bandmate George Harrison in 1972. And a year later, one of that show's standouts, Leon Russell, released his own three LP live set.
Thanks for the feedback - my post left out the world "almost" before unheard of. as you point out, it had been done before, but it was still a rare event. I made that correction.
Saw Wings a couple weeks later in Cincinnati. My first real rock concert ever!
Thankyou Sir
Post a Comment