Squeeze
1980-03-09
Hammersmith Odeon
London UK
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Slap And Tickle
02. Touching Me Touching You
03. Slightly Drunk
04. Pulling Mussels From The Shell
05. Funny How It Goes
06. Another Nail In My Heart
07. Cool For Cats
08. Mess Around
09. I Think I'm Go Go
10. If I Didn't Love You
11. Strong In Reason
12. It's So Dirty
13. Goodbye Girl
14. Up The Junction
15. Going Crazy
1980-03-09
Hammersmith Odeon
London UK
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Slap And Tickle
02. Touching Me Touching You
03. Slightly Drunk
04. Pulling Mussels From The Shell
05. Funny How It Goes
06. Another Nail In My Heart
07. Cool For Cats
08. Mess Around
09. I Think I'm Go Go
10. If I Didn't Love You
11. Strong In Reason
12. It's So Dirty
13. Goodbye Girl
14. Up The Junction
15. Going Crazy
In February 1980, Squeeze released the album Argy Bargy, which helped the band finally breakthrough in the US and had some critics hailing Chris Difford and Glen Tilbrook as the new Lennon & McCartney. While that praise was a bit over the top, there’s no doubt that the duo filled Argy Bargy with a host of soon to be classic new wave tunes, including Pulling Mussels (from the Shell), Another Nail in My Heart and If I Didn't Love You. This FM broadcast captures the band on tour in London about a month after the release of Argy Bargy, on March 9, 1980, 4 decades ago this very day. While the band would find greater commercial success with their next album, East Side Story, which yielded the hit single, and MTv favorite, Tempted, Squeeze established themselves as a leader of the New Wave movement with Argy Bargy.



0 comments:
Post a Comment