Dave Edmunds
with Kim Wilson, Graham Parker & Dion
Rock 'N' Roll Revue
1990-03-09
Palace Theatre
New Haven, CT
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Kim Wilson
01. I Believe I’m In Love With You
02. Streets Of Gold
03. Tuff Enuff
04. Nervous Fellow
Graham Parker
05. Get Started, Start A Fire
06. Under The Mask Of Happiness
07. Local Girls
08. Slash And Burn
09. Lady Doctor
10. My Love’s Strong
11. Soultime
12. Heat Treatment
Dion
13. King Of The New York Streets
14. And The Night Stood Still
15. Ruby Baby
16. Drop Down Mama
17. Runaround Sue
18. The Wanderer
19. Abraham, Martin And John (with Parker & Edmunds)
Dave Edmunds
20. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock & Roll)
21. Don’t Talk To Me
22. I’ll Never Take The Place Of You
23. Ju Ju Man
24. I Hear You Knocking
25. King Of Love
26. Paralyzed
27. Crawling From The Wreckage (with Parker)
28. Ready, Willing And Able
1990 - In 1989, Ringo Starr launched his first All-Starr Band tour, gathering a group of fellow musicians for a series of concerts, which featured songs from the Beatles, his solo career, and each of the individual group members repertoire. The Starr tour had such a positive response that Dave Edmunds decided he would try something similar the following year. Edmunds joined forces with Kim Wilson (of the Fabulous Thunderbirds), Graham Parker, Steve Cropper and Dion, to create the Rock 'N' Roll Revue. Ironically, Edmunds' old Rockpile band mate, Nick Lowe, wasn't part of the show. While a Rockpile reunion would have been nice, it clearly wasn't needed to make these shows a success. This excellent audience recording from New Haven on March 9 1990, 33 years ago today, features stellar performances by each band member, with Dion's set being a particular standout.



1 comments:
Can't wait to hear the Graham Parker section of this show in particular!!
Post a Comment