Bob Dylan
with Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
1986-06-26
Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
Minneapolis, MN
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Bob Dylan with Tom Petty
01. Tuning
02. So Long Good Luck And Goodbye
03. Positively 4th Street
04. Clean-Cut Kid
05. I'll Remember You
06. Shot Of Love
07. We Had It All
08. Masters Of War
Tom Petty
09. Straight Into Darkness
10. Even The Losers
11. The Waiting
12. Breakdown
Bob Dylan with Tom Petty
13. To Ramona
14. One Too Many Mornings
15. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
16. I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know
17. Just Like A Woman
18. When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky
19. Lonesome Town
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man
Tom Petty
21. So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star
22. Spike
23. Bye Bye Johnny
24. Refugee
Bob Dylan with Tom Petty
25. Rainy Day Women No. 12 & 35
26. Seeing The Real You At Last
27. Across The Borderline
28. I And I
29. Like A Rolling Stone
30. In The Garden
Encore (Bob Dylan with Tom Petty):
31. Encore Break
32. Blowin' In The Wind
33. Let The Good Times Roll
34. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
I saw Tom Petty live once, in April 1983 at the Brendan Byrne (later the Continental Airlines, and finally, the Izod) Arena. Nick Lowe was the lead-in band, making for quite a new wave night of music. I've seen Bob Dylan on 3 occasions - with the Grateful Dead serving as his back up band for a set in 1987 (after the Dead played 2 sets of their own!), as a headliner in 1989, and as the lead in band for the Dead in 1995, their last tour before Jerry Garcia passed away.
What I haven't seen is Dylan and Petty on stage together, but that's just what happened in Minneapolis on June 26, 1986, 4 decades ago this very day, as captured in this soundboard recording. Believe it or not, the 1986 Dylan/Petty tour was an outgrowth of two major concert events – Live Aid and Farm Aid. At the end of his set at Live Aid, Dylan said "I hope that some of the money…maybe they can just take a little bit of it, maybe…one or two million, maybe…and use it, say, to pay the mortgages on some of the farms and, the farmers here, owe to the banks…". While that comment angered Live Aid organizer Bob Geldorf, it did help spark the effort to organize Farm Aid. The first Farm Aid show was held just 2 months after Live Aid, on September 22, 1985. Both Dylan and Petty played at that show and struck up a mutual friendship. That led to Dylan inviting Petty and the Heartbreakers to serve as his backup band for his 1986/1987 True Confessions tour. The Dylan/Petty collaboration would later continue in the Traveling Wilburys.




5 comments:
Have crossed posted links to this one Speedy! Thanks for this
Thanks my friend!
I got to see BD & TP June 18th, 1986 at AZ Memorial Coliseum and I remember it was a great show. Thank you speedymjb!
i give you some links that don't work anymore
U2 2005 04 15 Ratdogs 2001 04 16 Elton john 2000 04 18 Janis 1967 04 25 WCBSFM1997-04-26 Blnda1986-05-06_(TV_SBD) Byr1971-05-03_(SBD) MC1983-05-02_(TV_SBD)EJ2010-05-01_(SBD) Bnd1984-04-30_(SBD)Fts1987-04-30_(SBD)Dyl1976-04-29_(evnng)_(SBD)GnBlssms1993-05-13_(SBD)Chcgo1970-05-09_(SBD)
hope you can reupload and thanks for your incredible job I follow you since so many years!!
Thank you for following this blog. Unfortunately countless links no longer work as the free links I use expire in 30 to 60 days. Please see our re-post policy https://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/p/re-post-policy.html - we ask that you limit your requests to 1 a week as we are dealing with requests from countless folks (plus I do have a life outside this blog that I need to attend to!) Appreciate your understanding
Post a Comment