Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Beatles - 1964 & 1965 - Ed Sullivan Shows (SBD)

The Beatles
1964 & 1965
The Ed Sullivan Shows
New York, NY
Soundboard Recording
320 Kbps
Artwork Included

1964-02-09
Show #1
01. Intro > All My Loving
02. Till There Was You
03. She Loves You
04. Intro I Saw Her Standing There
05. I Want To Hold Your Hand > Outro

1964-02-16
Show #2
06. She Loves You
07. This Boy
08. All My Loving
09. Intro > I Saw Her Standing There
10. From Me To You
11. I Want To Hold Your Hand > Outro

1964-02-23
Show #3
12 - Intro > Twist And Shout
13 - Please Please Me > Speech
14 - I Want To Hold Your Hand

1964-05-24
Show #4
15 - You Cant't Do That

1965-09-12
Show #5
16. I Feel Fine
17. I'm Down
18. Act Naturally
19. Ticket To Ride
20. Yesterday
21. Help

1966-06-05
Show #6
22. Interview (missing videos of Paperback Writer & Rain)

1964-02-16

From Miami - Rehersal for Ed Sullivan Show
23. She Loves You
24. This Boy
25. All My Loving
26. I Saw Her Standing There
27. From Me To You
28. I Want To Hold Your Hand > Outro

The Beatles - 1964 & 1965 - Ed Sullivan Shows (SBD)

Perhaps the most significant moment in rock and roll history transpired 47 years ago today, on February 9, 1964, when the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show for the very first time. An estimated 73 million Americans tuned into that broadcast, and after 5 songs, which could barely be heard over the screams of the teenage girls who packed the audience, music, TV and pop culture were transformed forever. Beatlemania, The British Invasion, stadium sized rock concerts, album oriented rock, new fashion trends and hairstyles, TV as a major promotional vehicle for reaching the masses and countless other revolutions followed in the wake of the Beatles appearance on the Sullivan show. The band would appear twice more in February, on the 16th and the 23rd, once in May 1964, and then again in September 1965 (a month after the historic Shea Stadium show highlighted in an earlier post), their last live appearance. The Beatles continued to work with Ed Sullivan from 1966 and 1970, however, replacing live performances with filmed promotional clips of their new songs, the first ever music videos, years prior to the launch of MTV! These videos included Paperback Writer, Rain, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields Forever, Hello Goodbye, Two of Us and Let It Be. This soundboard captures all their live appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 and 1965. Download it and relive history.





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the great music. Terrific website!

I did have a problem downloading The Beatles - Ed Sullivan Shows...unless I did something wrong, one of the shows appears to be missing.

I'm hoping that you can check on that for me.

Thank you, again. Keep up the good work!

1965-09-12
Show #5
16. I Feel Fine
17. I'm Down
18. Act Naturally
19. Ticket To Ride
20. Yesterday
21. Help

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be glad to check the download.

speedymjb said...

You were correct - that one show is missing. I'll fix that tonight - by tomorrow you should be able to download all the shows.

speedymjb said...

All fixed. The download now includes the previously missing 1965 show!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these shows. I saw most of them on TV many years ago. Brings back great memories. OBG

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much! These are a spectacular treasure for me. I'm a very long time fan and have only just recently discovered that there was so much more Beatles media out there that I was missing out on.

speedymjb said...

Glad you are enjoying!

ruipei said...

The link is dead,please repost it,thanks for your kindness.

speedymjb said...

new link is up! enjoy!

ruipei said...

Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

Thanks Speddy!! love the beatles!!

Scooter said...

Thank you speedy!

Post a Comment