Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sting - 1991-02-17 - Beacon Theatre, NY (HQ Aud)

Sting
1991-02-17
Beacon Theatre
New York, NY
HQ Audience Recording (vocals a bit distant)
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. All This Time
02. Mad About You
03. Jeremiah Blues Part 1
04. Why Should I Cry For You
05. Ain´t No Sunshine
06. I Miss You Kate
07. Roxanne
08. Bring On The Night
09. When The World Is Running Down
10. Fortress Around Your Heart
11. Islands Of Soul
12. The Wild Wild Sea

CD 2:
01. The Soul Cages
02. When The Angels Fall
03. Purple Haze
04. Message In A Bottle
05. Tea In The Sahara
06. Walking On The Moon
07. Every Breath You Take
08. Fragile

Bonus Tracks
1990-07-21
Montreux, Switzerland

09. Message In A Bottle (with Andy Summers Band)
10. I Ain´t Got Nobody (with Vinx)
11. Ain´t No Sunshine (with Vinx)


On February 14, 1991, I spent my first Valentine’s Day with my then girl friend, soon to be my fiancĂ©e and then my lovely bride. She had to wait until the next day, however, for her present, tickets to see Sting, one of her favorite musicians, at the Beacon Theater in New York. The memories of starting out together are still as fresh today as they were back in the early 1990’s. We sat in the last row on the floor at the Beacon that night, thankful that there’s not a bad seat anywhere in that building. We were presently surprised by the opening act, a singer by the name of Vinx. Sting was in top form, playing a nice combination of his solo work and tunes from his days with the Police. Maybe he knew it was a special night for the two of us, as he played one of my bride’s favorite songs, Fortress Around My Heart. Needless to say, my Valentine’s gift was a big success. Maybe that’s why, 2 weeks later, when I asked her to marry me, she said yes. This May, we’ll celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It’s been the best 2 decades of my life and I look forward to spending every remaining day that I have on this earth with her. While I’ve never been able to find a recording of that February 15th show, I do have this high quality audience tape, from 2 days later, on February 17, 1991, 20 years ago today. This one is dedicated to my bride!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are doing a fantastic job with this blog....keep up the good work...
chhers
taff

Anonymous said...

hello SpeedyMJB
could you please update this link?
thanks

speedymjb said...

new links are up. enjoy

Anonymous said...

Hi Speedy,

If you could re-post this one when you get a break in your schedule, it would be great.

Thanks so much!

speedymjb said...

new link is up! enjoy!

Post a Comment