Bruce Springsteen
1978-11-01
Darkness Tour
Jadwin Gymnasium
Princeton University
Princeton NJ
Audience Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
Soundcheck
01. Thunder Road
02. Badlands
03. Prove It All Night
04. The Promised Land
Concert
01. Badlands
02. Streets Of Fire
03. Spirit In The Night
04. The Ties That Bind
05. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
06. Independence Day
07. The Promised Land
08. Prove It All Night [With long guitar intro]
09. Racing In The Street
10. Thunder Road
11. Jungleland
12. Fire
13. Candy's Room
14. Because The Night
15. Point Blank
16. The Fever
17. Not Fade Away
18. She's The One
19. Backstreets
20. Rosalita (Come out tonight)
21. Born To Run
22. Quarter To Three
Springsteen 1978 - Back To Back - #1: As part of his 1978 tour in support of The Darkness On The Edge of Town album, Bruce Springsteen scheduled a series of shows at colleges across the US. While Bruce could sell out major arenas such as Madison Square Garden, he still enjoyed playing shows where he could be closer to his audience. One stop on the tour was Jadwin Gym on the campus of Princeton University My buddies and I somehow wound up in about the 8th row! That show, November 1, 1978, 43 years ago today, was voted the greatest moment in Jadwin Gym's history (go here for the complete list). Looking back, it's easy to see why. Bruce, playing in his home state, was at the top of his game from the opening notes of Badlands to the final ones of Quarter To Three. The crowd was up and dancing the entire night, standing on the folding chairs which had been set up on the gym floor. The result was thousands upon thousands of round pock mocks covering the basketball court! Some say this saga is an urban legend, but its all true, as evidenced by this headline from the Daily Record: "Springsteen concert crowds damage basketball, track surfaces in Jadwin Gymnasium." That wound up being the last rock concert ever held in Jadwin Gym. Of course, none of us in attendance were worried about any of that! We were 20 year old kids, with very few worries, just enjoying Bruce and The E Street Band putting on a show for the ages. Unfortunately, there's no soundboard of this show, and the audience tape I'm posting isn't the best. But I was there, so I'm posting it. Download this one, then come back tomorrow for part 2 of this Back to Back set.





7 comments:
are you still looking for The band & Allmans from Watkins Glen? would be willing to help on one condition, you must promise to NOT UPLOAD AS MP3'.. I have lossless versions and will pass along to you on the one condition. if you want to up in losslesss fine, -- > reply yes or no here and furthur instructions will follow
Thanks for the kind offer. While I'd love the shows, I really do want them in mp3, for my own use and for this blog. I fully respect that you want to kept them lossless, so I'll have to decline.
I was at this show too. It was the 1st show of the 2nd leg of the Darkness tour, and the "world premier" of "The Ties That Bind". I have an old tape that I made at this show, so I'll compare them. Who knows, this may be from my old recording coming around full circle, except I did not have the sound check! Thanks!
Wow, I'd love this show! Please re-up. I've never seen this one. Thanks.
Wow, I'd love this show! Please re-up. I've never seen this one. Thanks.
new link is up - enjoy
new link is up - enjoy1
Post a Comment