Van Morrison
1987-11-22
Ulster Hall
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Good Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Moondance
02. Celtic Excavation
03. Vanlose Stairway
04. Northern Muse > Solid Ground
05. It's All In The Game
06. Alan Watts Blues
07. Foreign Window
08. Help Me
09. Dweller On The Threshold
CD 2:
01. Queen Of The Slipstream
02. Cleaning Windows
03. In The Garden
04. Summertime In England
05. A Sense Of Wonder
06. Bright Side Of The Road
07. And The Healing Has Begun
08. Rave On John Donne > Did Ye Get Healed
09. Someone Like You
10. Full Force Gale
Van Morrison 1987 - Back To Back - #1: In September 1987, Van Morrison released his 17th studio album, entitled Poetic Champion s Compose. The disc would climb to #90 on the Billboard charts, though critical reviews were mixed. None of that mattered to me. When I bought the CD soon after its release, the first time I listened I knew I had found something. Song #7, Someone Like You, touched me in a way unlike any other love song I had heard. It is the tale of finally finding the one who completes you after spending years of "soul searching” and “traveling all around the world”. A perfect love song, but not once, however, does the word “love” appear in the lyrics! I knew that one day, if I ever found the right girl and got married, that would be the song we would walk down the aisle to. Five years later, it came to pass, and now we are approaching wedding anniversary #30 in 2022. And to this day, when I look at her, I still know in my heart and soul, that "someone like you, makes it all worthwhile." This audience recording captures Van on his home turf in Belfast soon after the release of Poetic Champion s Compose, playing a set that includes Someone Like You, on November 22, 1987, 34 years ago this very day. Download this one, then comeback tomorrow for part 2 of this Back To Back set.
NOTE - this recording is a good, some would say fair audience tape. It is no where near the quality we usually post at So Many Roads. It's posted for sentimental reasons as tapes of Van playing Someone Like You are few and far between. So, you now know what you are getting before you clieck the download button.



2 comments:
Thanks for all the great music you share, speedy. Much appreciated!
@Derek - thank you my friend! My pleasure!
Post a Comment