Hall & Oates
1980-08-22
Pittsburgh Civic Center
Pittsburgh, PA
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. How Does It Feel To Be Back
02. Big Kids
03. Rich Girl
04. She's Gone
05. Sacred Songs
06. Sweet Soul Music
07. Sara Smile
08. Wait For Me
09. You Make My Dreams Come True
10. Do What You Want, Be What You Are
11. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
12. United State
13. Room To Breathe
14. NYCNY
Believe it or not, the 2nd concert I ever attended was Hall &
Oates on June 23, 1977 at the Garden State (now the PNC Bank) Arts
Center in Holmdel NJ. I was a big fan of the tune She's Gone, which
when re-released in 1976, went to #7 on the Billboard charts. I also
really enjoyed the songs Sara Smile, which went to #4 on the Billboard
charts, and Rich Girl, which became the duo's first #1 hit. I saw the
band for a 2nd time on September 14, 1978, also at the Arts Center. At
that point, the duo's sound started to take on more of a pop music feel,
and I lost interest in them. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the new
direction, the band soared to new heights, scoring five #1 hits in the
early 1980s.
This FM broadcast captures the band at the start of that
run of commercial success, on August 19, 1980, 41 years ago today, in
Pittsburgh.



5 comments:
NICE share! Really great sound, and a nice performance. Nice story, too, about them being your 2nd concert.
Personally I hope this is the first of MANY H&O posts - love their music, and I get any boot of theirs I can. Thanks so much, speedy.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't have many H&O shows so I can't promise that they'll be many more posts of them. Hopefully, we post lots of other music yiu enjoy as well.
Thanks Speedy!
Love me some Hall and Oates, look forward to this listen.
Volke
Downloaded both of your recent Hall & Oats posts Speedy, thanks a lot for them.
Dave
Thanks so much - They may have gone pop, but did it so well.
Post a Comment