Sam & Dave
1979-10-27
Trax
New York, NY
WPIX-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. WPIX Introduction
02. Hold On I'm Coming
03. Wrap It up
04. Still Is The Night
05. I Thank You
06. Bring It On Home To Me
07. Soul Man
08. Funky Music
09. May I Baby
10. Hold On I'm Coming
11. Higher, Higher
12. Hold On (Reprise)
13. DJ Credits
1979-10-27
Trax
New York, NY
WPIX-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. WPIX Introduction
02. Hold On I'm Coming
03. Wrap It up
04. Still Is The Night
05. I Thank You
06. Bring It On Home To Me
07. Soul Man
08. Funky Music
09. May I Baby
10. Hold On I'm Coming
11. Higher, Higher
12. Hold On (Reprise)
13. DJ Credits
According to their rock & roll hall of fame bio, Sam & Dave (Sam Moore & Dave Prater) were the most successful soul duo in music history and brought the sounds of the black gospel church to pop music with their call-and-response records. In the 1960s, primarily recording at Stax Records in Memphis, they produced a string of soul classics including Hold On, I'm Comin', You Don't Know Like I Know, I Thank You, When Something is Wrong with My Baby, Wrap It Up, and of course, Soul Man, a tune that climbed all the way to #2 on the Billboard charts. While the duo has their ups an downs in the early 1970s, including splitting up at one point, they saw a resurgence in interest in their music in 1979, after John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd, in their Blues Brother's personas released a cover version of Soul Man. This FM broadcast captures Sam and Dave that very year, performing at Trax in New York City, on October 27, 1979, 39 years ago today. By the way, as part of their 1979 comeback tour, they even led in for The Clash at several shows!



6 comments:
Speedy, you know how much I love your Who, Dead, Clapton posts but you're on a tear with the live soul posts! Great job my friend!
Regards,
Steve
Thanks for the kind words - I picked this month's 1960s/1970s theme specifically to be able to post The Temps, Sam & Dave, Dion, Ray Charles, etc.
+1
Many thanks for this.
Ditto.
Thank you speedy for all these S&D shows.
Post a Comment