Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Temptations - 1966-10-03 - Detroit, MI (SBD)

The Temptations
1966-10-03
The Roostertail,
Detroit, MI
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Introductions
02. Medley
  •  Girl Why You Wanna Make Me Blue
  • The Girl's Alright With Me
  • I'll Be In Trouble
  • I Want A Love I Can See
03. What Love Has Joined Together
04. My Girl
05. Yesterday > What Now My Love > Yesterday
06. Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
07. Group Introduction
08. I Wish You Love
09. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
10. Old Man River
11. Get Ready
12. Fading Away
13. My Baby
14. You'll Lose A Precious Love
15. Baby, Baby, I Need You
16. Don't Look Back
17. The Way You Do The Things You Do


No month celebrating the 1960s & 1970s would be complete without a post featuring the music of Motown. Berry Gordy’s Motown record label, with its aptly named Hitsville USA studio, spawned some of the most successful and important bands of the 1960s. From 1961 to 1971, Motown artists generated 110 top 10 hits. Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Temptations, The Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Marvelettes, and Smoke Robinson & The Miracles, just to name a few, all released records for Motown. Moreover, in the racially tense times of the 1960s, the Motown sound resonated with blacks and whites alike. This FM broadcast captures The Temptations in the home pf Motow, Detriot, on October 3, 1966, 52 years ago this very day!



14 comments:

La Piazza Gancio said...

Sweet!

Trivial Tony said...

Now THIS is a find! Berry Gordy dug deep into the Motown treasure troves for years, pulling out nearly every unreleased recording to beat the European copyright deadline. But he missed THIS? The Temptations at their absolute peak, with the best lineup they ever had. And to Temps fans, check out their new album where they cover Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith so flawlessly you would have thought they were Temps songs all along.

speedymjb said...

Glad folks enjoyed this one!

Anonymous said...

File has been taken down. Please Re-Post, Thanks

Bob Mac said...

Many thanks for this one.

Bob Mac said...

Nah, I was too late, file's gone...shame it looked good.

Jon said...

Thanks, Speedy! I have been looking for original era Temptations for years, and I look forward to hearing this gem!

Anonymous said...

Speedy,

This is an unexpected treat! I can't wait to listen to this beauty, As always, thanks for all your hard work my friend!

All the best,

Steve

Brett Alan said...

Doesn't get much better than vintage Temptations! Thanks!

Spensersdada said...

Amazing. Thank you very much.

Pepper said...

I'm a Detroiter born and raised and still can't get enough of that Motown sound.
The Roostertail is still in business, but doesn't feature shows like this anymore. It's always been a restaurant/banquet hall. The name comes from hydroplane boat races on the Detroit River that happen every summer. The boats eject a huge stream of water out the back end that looks like, you guessed it, a roostertail. The races have been going on once at least the 1930's. One of the sport's big champions is Gar Wood, who also lived in Detroit. There's more rock 'n roll history associated with his residence if you Google it.

Frank said...

Great post again!!!!!
Thank you for the Temptations!!!

Anonymous said...

Might you repost this show ? I have nothing by The Temptations from this period !

speedymjb said...

nEW LINK IS UP - ENJOY

Post a Comment