Jimi Hendrix
1967-10-06
Top Gear
Playhouse Theatre,
London, UK
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Interview with Jimi, Noel and Mitch by Tommy Vance.
02. Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
03. Hound Dog
04. Catfish Blues
05. Experiencing The Blues
06. Drivin' South
LINK REMOVED - OFFICIALLY RELEASED
ENGLAND - Despite his groundbreaking performance at Monterrey Pop in June 1967, Jimi Hendrix still remained more poplar in England at the time than in his home country. After all, during a US summer tour in 1967, Jimi led in for the Monkees, and not the other way around! He was back in Europe in the fall, playing a series of radio shows in France and England, including this BBC FM broadcast for the program Top Gear from the Playhouse Theater in London on October 6, 1967, 52 years ago today.



5 comments:
Thank you for Jimi!
Never heard this one before
Hey Speedy,
I just started listening to this and these tracks have been commercially released on the BBC sessions. See Disc 1 tracks 10-12 and 16-17 of the BBC Sessions. You may want to take this one down.
ALAN - THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP - LINK WILL ONLY LAST ABOUT 10 DAYS AND THEN IT WILL BE GONE.
As a fan of your site and what you guys do since I too have posted music on a number of sites. I have a favor to ask, since you have a great blog with a huge following I like to ask that you PLEASE remind everyone that on Dec 31st 2019 marks the 50th Anniversary of Jim Hendrix Band Of Gypsy’s Live at the Fillmore album. I don't know about you but this album got me into every piece of music that I listen to till this day and I think that we as music lovers should give this it's proper respect. I'm asking all my friends on Dec 31st to take 45 minutes out of there evening and play the entire album as a proper homage to the greatest guitar player of all time. Can you please pass this along to the other blogs so that we can make this more of aevent then a normal day.Please let me know what you think.
mr.jazzfusionhiphop
Contact:mr.jazzfusionhiphop@gmail.com
Nice idea but I do not contact other blogs and recommend what they should or shouldn't do. And while I understand your devotion to that album, I have other plans for this blog for December 31.
Post a Comment