Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 24, 2025

Jimmy Buffett - 2011-01-24 - Sydney, Australia (FM)

Jimmy Buffett
& The Coral Reefer Band
2011-01-24
Sydney Opera House
Sydney, Austrailia
FM Broadcast
192 kbps
Artwork Inlcuded

01.  Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes  
02.  Coconut Telegraph  
03.  It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere  
04.  Pencil Thin Mustache  
05.  I Will Play For Gumbo  
06.  Pascagoula Run  
07.  Jamaica Mistaica  
08.  Come Monday  
09.  Weather With You  
10.  Volcano  
11.  One Particular Harbour  
12.  Brown Eyed Girl  
13.  Smart Woman (In A Real Short Skirt)   
14.  Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Screw  
15.  Creola (by Nadirah)  
16.  Take Another Road  
17.  Last Mango In Paris  
18.  Son Of A Son Of A Sailor  
19.  Gypsies In The Palace 
20.  Bama Breeze  
21.  Cheeseburger In Paradise  
22.  A Pirate Looks At Forty  
23.  Southern Cross
24.  Margaritaville  
    
1st Encore:  
25.  Scarlet Begonias  
26.  Fins  
27.  Lovely Cruise 
    
2nd Encore:  
28.  Tin Cup Chalice 


Jimmy Buffett 2011 - Back To Back - #2: As promised, here's the 2nd half of our Back To Back entry featuring Jimmy Buffett in Sydney in 2011.  This one is an FM broadcast from January 24, 2011, 14 years ago today.


4 comments:

Rebhoj said...

THANKS

Wingrass said...

Many thanks for this and all your great posts. This sounds great, with one minor flaw, which I was wondering if it could be corrected? When I downloaded, I only got 41 seconds of 'Lovely Cruise', which unfortunately did not even cover the intro to the song. Any chance of getting a repost? Thanks again.

speedymjb said...

@Wingrass - that's all of the track that I have from the original source - 44 seconds.

Wingrass said...

So I think I figured this out. From what I can tell, Lovely Cruise was not actually played on 1/24, but was the final encore on an additional show that was added on 1/26. Apparently, Jimmy was either attempting to go to the edge of the stage to shake some hands or got blinded by some flashing lights (accounts differ) and fell from the stage, gashing his head and getting knocked unconscious, thus ending the show. I guess the recording cuts off just before that. The track is even labeled 01262011.

Post a Comment