The Betales
1963-09-07
Saturday Club
London UK
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Saturday Jump & Announcer
02. I Saw Her Standing There
03. Memphis Tennesse
04. Happy Birthday Saturday Club
05. Continuity / Announcer
06. I'll Get You
07. Announcer
08. She Loves You
09. Lucille
10. Announcer & Saturday Jump
1960s - #4: On September 7, 1963, 59 years ago this very day, The Beatles stopped off at the Playhouse Theatre in London to record a BBC radio session for Saturday Club, The show was celebrating its 5th anniversay, having broadcast 262 episodes since its debut on October 4, 1958. The Beatles' session would be broadcast on October 5, 1963. Including rehearsals, the session lasted from 1:00 to 4:00 pm, with the band performing 5 songs, plus a happy biorthday tribute to the Saturday Club. After the recording session, The Fab Four headed off to Croydon for their scheduled concert that evening! Downlaod this FM broadcast to hear Johm Paul, Geroge and Ringo just months before Beatklemania would take the owrld by storm.



2 comments:
Looking forward to hearing this.
My three brothers and I used to pretend to be the Beatles and play to their 45s, I always played Ringo. Good memories. Thank you speedy!
Post a Comment