Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reposting Some Shows At So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

Starting this month, we'll slowly start reposting some shows from the early days of this website.  Why you might ask?  Well, we want to make all our posts consistent with the theme we've established over the last several months.  In the early days, we simply posted shows as we felt like it, starting with some of our favorite bootlegs.  Over time, the website has evolved and taken on a "This Day In Rock History Theme".  For example, yesterday, July 30, we posted Creedence from that very same day, 40 years ago in 1970!   So, we're going to move many of our early posts to bring them in line with the actual date they occurred.  When we do, we may expand and enhance the write up about the show to add some additional historical context.  Again, some of the early posts lacked any real detail because at that point we hadn't really figured out what we were doing

We've already taken the above steps with a Led Zep show in June and a Linda Ronstadt concert in July.  We'll have another repost tomorrow, when we feature The Band from August 1, 1973.   I think we have 3 or 4 others that we'll repost later in August, and we'll keep that up until all our shows fit in with our theme.  Don't worry, though, because these reposts will not reduce the amount of new concerts we feature.  We'll still post 15 to 20 new bootlegs every month, just as we have in the past.   Enjoy the music and leave a comment if there's something you really liked!

10 comments:

Normski said...

Heartiest congratulations on a very very good website you have here my friend. It says a huge amount about your character that you put so much effort and damned hard work into the running of this place. Often it seems to me, without receiving the thanks you deserve. I offer my thanks to you, and if I may, I'll offer thanks on behalf of many many others who ought to step forward more often.
Thank you, it's only a little word but it goes a long long way.

Eric - Geneva, Switzerland said...

Thank you so much for what you do here, your blog is really one of the best around.

speedymjb said...

Normski my friend -- thank you for such kind kind words. I love doing this and would do it even if no one said thanks. But I sure do appreciate when folks do. You're one of the best! Thanks again for visting, sharing and always being appreciative. Chat with you at Dino's!

speedymjb said...

Eric -- Your kind words are much appreciated. Enjoy the music and come back often.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog..Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Blog!!

Tennesseefred said...

Congratulations on the anniversary of your site! I have enjoyed many shows that you have posted. Thank you from Mem. TN!

Anonymous said...

Great blog, thanks very much

Anonymous said...

man, this blog is absolutelly awesome-fantastic-superb-etc. cannot find more words now- and you speedy man are great!!!! ive been asking you ( and will continue i suspect) to repost so many shows in a row that i cant understand how you simply say " done, enjoy" instead of saying " hey man, ive got much more to do in my life than doing this for you". that speaks of your generosity , dedication and love for what you do, and all that comes straight to us. i dont know where else could i find all the stuff you give us here. so i have to say THANK YOU - you are the best.

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the very kind words. I do my best to run this site the way I raised my kinds - by the golden rule of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I understand folks love the music and if I can re-post something for them to make them happy, I try my best to do so. Sometimes folks are greedy and ask for evety single dead link to be re-posted, but most folks ask for a show here or there, and I try my best to help them. Glad you are enjoying the site!

Post a Comment