Hot Tuna
1988-03-04
Late Show
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed And Burning
02. Candy Man
03. I See The Light
04. Martha
05. Embryonic Journey
06. Ice Age
07. Carlos Fonseca
08. San Francisco Bay Blues
09. Genesis
10. Parchman Farm
11. Good Shepherd
12. Let Us Get Together Right Down Here
13. John’s Other
14. Vampire Women
15. Have You Seen The Stars Tonight
16. Mann’s Fate
17. Put It In My Hands
18. I’m Movin’
19. Killing Time In The Crystal City
20. Water Song
21. Crowd Noise
22. America
23. Volunteers
Here’s another post in keeping with our March theme of guest stars. This soundboard recording captures Hot Tuna on March 3, 1988, 2 dozen years ago today in San Francisco at a show that would become the launching pad for the 1989 Jefferson Airplane reunion! In 1986, Jack Cassady and Jorma Kaukonen reformed Hot Tuna after a 3 year layoff. Whereas their 1983 reunion tour focused on newer material with a heavy metal edge to it, much to their fan base’s chagrin, the 1986 version of Hot Tuna concentrated on their well known acoustic material. Paul Kantner joined the band in 1987 and 1988 adding some old Jefferson Airplane songs to the set list. At this show, Grace Slick joined in the fun, as did Papa John Creach and Will Scarlet. Within a year, the 5 of the 6 original members of Jefferson Airplane - Grace, Jorma, Jack, Paul and even Marty Balin, with Spencer Dryden being the only missing link due to some animosity between him and Kanter – had reformed for an album and a tour. Download this one to hear the show that helped put one of the legendary bands in history back together!


10 comments:
Hello,
Happy to be the first to thank you. Another gem I can miss. Many thanks for sharing all you got and also congratulations for the work to keep this blog alive.
Best regards,
Robert
I was just reading about this show in Jeff Tamarkin's book, Got a Revolution!. Now I get to hear it. Thanks!
Had this on tape a long time ago, but couldn't find it. Glad to see that you posted it here. Much obliged.
The link is dead. Thanks.
new link is up!
The link is dead again, I fear: any chance of reposting. Like a previous anonymous poster, I have this on cassette somewhere, but would really appreciate another copy.
new link is up! enjoy!
Thank you very much: it sounds just as good as I remember it on my ancient cassette.
Hi Speedy!
I hope all is well. I was wondering if you could repost this amazing looking Hot Tuna show. I'm not sure how I missed the show but if you could repost it I would be forever grateful.
Thanks,
Steve
Thanks Speedy!
You're the best! Enjoy the weekend!
All the best,
Steve
Post a Comment