Squeeze
1981-05-15
Oxford Polytechnic
Oxford, UK
Fm Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Take Me I’m Yours
02. Too Many Teardrops (missing)
03. Another Nail For My Heart
04. Separate Beds
05. Slightly Drunk
06. Out Of Touch
07. I Think I’m Go Go
08. Is That Love?
09. Heaven
10. I’ve Returned
11. Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)
12. Yap Yap Yap (missing)
13. Slap And Tickle
14. Cool For Cats
15. Up The Junction
16. Messed Around
17. Goodbye Girl
Another New Wave post and another So Many Roads debut, as we feature a soundboard recording of Squeeze from May 15, 1981, 31 years ago today. The set list includes 2 songs, Messed Around and Is That Love from East Side Story, the band’s 4th album, released on that same day. East Side Story was also their first disc since Paul Carrack replaced Jools Holland on keyboards. The disc went to #44 on the US Billboard charts, the band’s highest charting disc. In addition, the single Tempted, sung by Carrack, went all the way to #8 on the charts. East Side Story marked the high point of the band’s success. Carrack would leave the band soon after the album was released. Their follow up disk, Sweets From A Stranger, would produce a minor hit, Black Coffee In Bed, but otherwise have little to offer. By the end of 1982, Squeeze would disband. Download this show, therefore, to hear Squeeze at the height of their popularity.



3 comments:
Thanks Speedy! A very Rare Concert from Squeeze!
Thanks
You're welcome!
Post a Comment