The Byrds
1970-10-23
46th Street Rock Palace
Brooklyn NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Lover Of The Bayou
02. You Ain't Going Nowhere
03. I Trust
04. My Back Pages >
05. Baby What Do You Want Me To Do
06. Truck Stop Girl
07. Black Mountain Rag
08. Mr. Tambourine Man
09. Take A Whiff On Me
10. Ballad Of Easy Rider
11. Jesus Is Just Alright
12. Eight Miles Hight
13. Hold It
In our 3 years here at So Many Roads, we’ve posted 5 shows from The Byrds from 1970. Over the next 2 days, we’ll bring you 2 more! Seems that bootlegs from that year abound, and probably with good reason. The 1970 line up of Roger McGuinn, Clarence White, Skip Battin and Gene Parsons had the longest tenure of any configuration of The Byrds. In addition, they developed a reputation for being a formidable live act, honing their skills by touring relentlessly during a nearly 3 year stretch from September 1969 to July 1972. This soundboard recording captures The Byrds on October 23, 1970, 42 years ago today, in Brooklyn. The show took place at the 46th St. Rock Palace, later renamed Banana Fish Gardens, which would host numerous episodes of Don Kirschner’s Rock Concert TV show, such as the Stephen Stills concert we posted here. In any event, download this one now, then stop by tomorrow for
another installment of The Byrds as part of our Back to Back series this month
at So Many Roads.



7 comments:
I grew up in Jersey in the 70's. A lot of your music was recorded at MANY places I went to. Concerts were cheap and fun, especially in the summer. You bring back some very fond memories. I appreciate all the hard work you put into it and if the people with their petty complaints don't like something, they should stay off the site.
Thank you! I'm playing this for my mom right now. She was at a Byrds show at the Felt Forum around this time.
Thank you both for the kind words!Enjoy the music!
if I could find the sweet spot on zippy shares, I'd be ever-eo-happy :)
If you are having trouble downloading, when you click on the link above, it takes you to a zippyshare page. On that page, click on the big orange button that says DOWNLOAD NOW
Thanks. My popup blocker was keeping it at bay.
I think we went thru this same scenero last month. The old memory's failing, you see.
thanx from Brazil.
Post a Comment