Tom Petty
& The Heartbreakers
1999-04-11
Irving Plaza
New York, NY
Soundboard Matrix Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Introduction
02. Rip It Up
03. Jammin' Me
04. Runnin' Down A Dream
05. Call Me The Breeze
06. Swingin'
07. Mary Jane's Last Dance
08. Telstar
09. Listen To Her Heart
10. You Don't Know How It Feels
11. It's Good To Be King
12. I Won't Back Down
13. Green Onions
14. I Want You Back Again
15. I Got A Woman
CD 2:
01. The Letter
02. Little Maggie
03. Lay Down My Ole Guitar
04. Walls
05. Angel Dream
06. Titanic
07. Room At The Top
08. Heartbreakers Beach Party
09. Guitar Boogie Shuffle
10. Even The Losers
11. I Don't Wanna Fight
12. Country Farm
13. You Wreck Me
14. Free Girl Now
15. Gloria
Tom Petty 1999 - Back To Back - #1: In April 1999, Petty and The Heartbreakers released their 10th studio album, entitled Echo. Only a handful of songs from the disc, however, were played on the band's tour that year. The record was written while Petty was going through a difficult divorce, and many of the tunes were highly personal and painful as a result. So, to ease the pain, Petty kept the set list focused on older material. This soundboard matrix recording from April 11, 1999, 23 years ago today, captures Petty and the Heartbreakers just 2 days before the release of Echo. The 30 song set includes just 4 tunes from that disc - Swingin', Room At The Top, Free Girl Now. And I Don't Wanna Fight. That last tune, by the way, is sung by Mike Campbell, making it the only song in the band’s repertoire that doesn’t have Petty on lead vocal. Download this one, then come back tomorrow for the 2nd half of this Back to Back set.



7 comments:
Thanks Speedy. Really enjoying this Petty concert. Great sound and performance
Iowatullfan
Thanks so much for this Speedy, A lot of discussions lately about about how music is so horrible in the time that we find ourselves in today and I agree that most modern music if you want tocall l it that sucks big time. Tom Petty and the heartbreakers along with U2, and maybe a few others are keeping the pulse beating. Treasure them because im afraid that once they are gone there will be no one to fill the void, Last of the legends
My pleasure - thanks for visiting and sharing your comments. The new wave bands of the late 1970s and early 1980s - like U2, Petty, The Clash, etc - may have been the last hurrah of rock and roll. We've had an occasional 1990s band - Nirvana & Pearl Jam come to mind - make an impact, but they've been the exception rather than the rule. I don't know what we're going to do when the veterans of the 1960s, 70s and 80s decide to call it a career. Won't be anything left worth buying or going to see. Thankfully, folks like McCartney, the Stones, U2, Foegrty, CSN, Petty, etc still tour and give us a chance to enjoy the best music ever made.
Speedy, its not just music , it is the world in general, at the risk of sounding like a bitter old man, movies arnt the same and neither is TV. Who wants to see another season of American Idol or UGH Dancing with the stars. I guess American Idol is where our next rock legends are coming from, sobering thought. Also these stupid reality shows. Remember Mash, All in the Family, Columbo ecc, Even Sports , Figure you to be a yankee fan. Remember when pitchers went 9 innings. now your lucky if they go 6, Bob Gibson and Tom Seaver would never have gone for that. Football, you look wrong at the quarterback and they call roughing the passer or if you are 6 inches next to the receiver they throw a flag for pass interference . No wonder these QBs have such inflated stats. If Roger Staubach or Johnny U were playing today they would throw 50 tds a season also, cant play defence anymore thanks to all the rule changes, don't get me started on basketball or boxing as I have many complaints there as well, not enough time or space. the bottom line while changes in music is very sad, the culture as a whole sports tv ecc has changed as well. There is one modern show however that I recently watched start to finish It is called Breaking Bad and it is my opinion that it is one of the best shows ever on tv. Acting, stories, great writing, certainly the best show ive seen in decades, Wanted your opinion, have you ever seen it? if not you really ought to check it out , promise that once you start watching you wont be able to stop
The times truly are a-chaging, and not always for the better. haven't seen Breaking Bad - I really don't watch much TV anymore of any type, Rather spend time with my wife and kids, read, listen to tunz, and work on my blog. Hopefully, visiting this site helps make it better day for you!
It does, Im not married and my only kid is grown so guess my priorities are different. my free time is pretty much my own. know where your coming from though. its different with a large family. very rewarding I'm sure
For me, family is first and foremost. And I'm very thankful that my wife and kids take an interest in music I like and in my blog. They understand its an important outlet for me, and that this little place on the web seems to bring a bot of happiness to a whole bunch of folks, who like me, grew up with rock and rioll as a major part of our lives. Take good care my friend, stop back often, and know that I'll keep posting music as long as there are kind folks like yourself who stop by, share their thoughts, and really seem to appreciate what I post!
Post a Comment