Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Eric Clapton - 1987-04-13 - Costa Mesa, CA (SBD + Ex Aud)

Eric Clapton
1987-04-13
Pacific Amphitheatre
Costa Mesa, CA
Soundboard + Ex Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Crossroads
02. White Room
03. I Shot The Sheriff
04. Hung Up On Your Love
05. Wonderful Tonight
06. Miss You
07. Same Old Blues
08. Tearing Us Apart
09. Holy Mother
10. Badge
11. Let It Rain 
12. Cocaine 
13. Layla 
14. Behind The Mask
15. Sunshine Of Your Love
 
Tracks 1 to 9 - Soundboatd
Tracks 10 to 15 - Excellent Audience


EC 1987 - Back To Back - #1: After watching Eric Clapton at Live Aid on TV in July 1985, I came away with a renewed interest in the man and his music. EC seemed to have found a new lease on life, and his playing, while maybe not at the level of his days with Cream or the Dominos, was certainly more inspired than it had been in years. As a result, I decided that it was time to see Slowhand live in concert, something I hadn't yet done up to that point in my concert "career". It took almost 2 years, but I finally got tickets to see Eric at Madison Square Garden on April 27, 1987, There was just one catch. Demand for tickets had been so high that all we could scrounge up were tickets behind the stage. Needless to say, my buddies and I had were worried that the seat location might ruin the show for us. Turned out that the seats weren't that bad after all. We were front row, behind the stage, with a perfect view of Phil Collins on the drums. Even better that that, Eric came back behind the drums numerous times to play for the folks in the "cheap seats". We couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from him. EC must have been inspired by being in New York, because he played a show for the ages, still one of the best concerts I have ever attended. You can download that show here.  Today, we bring you another show from that same tour, a soundboard plus excellent audiencerecording from Costa Mesa on April 14, 1987, 35 years ago this very day. Download this one, then come bck tomorrow for part 2 of  this Back to Back set.



0 comments:

Post a Comment