Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 9, 2025

Paul McCartney & Wings - 1976-05-09 - Toronto, Canada (Ex Aud)

Paul McCartney & Wings
1976-05-09
Wings Over Toronto
Maple Leaf Gardens
Toronto, Canada
Excellent Audience Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Venus And Mars > Rock Show
02. Jet
03. Let Me Roll It
04. Spirits Of Ancient Egypt
05. Medicine Jar
06. Maybe I'm Amazed
07. Call Me Back Again
08. Lady Madonna
09. The Long And Winding Road
10. Live And Let Die
11. Picasso's Last Words
12. Richard Corey
13. Bluebird
14. I've Just Seen A Face
15. Blackbird
16. Yesterday
17. You Gave Me The Answer
18. Magneto And Titanium Man
19. My Love
20. Listen To What The Man Said
21. Let 'Em In
22. Time To Hide
23. Silly Love Songs
24. Beware My Love
25. Letting Go
26. Band On The Run
27. Hi Hi Hi
28. Soily

1970s - #3: In the spring of 1976, Paul McCartney, with his new band Wings, toured the United States for the first time since the Beatles last show in San Francisco in 1966. It was a historic event, commemorated afterwards by a then unheard of release of a 3 album set called Wings Over America. Wings played 2 nights at Madison Square Garden, on Monday May 24 and Tuesday May 25. I was a junior in high school, so my buddies and I couldn't go - school night! Not that we were all that upset. Rumors abounded that the Beatles were on the verge on re-uniting (it had only been 6 years since the break up), so we figured why see 1/4 of the group when it would just be a matter of time before you could see them in their entirety. As we know, the rumors never came true, and just 4 years later, in 1980, John Lennon was tragically shot and killed. Now looking back, its clear I should have found a way to go as Wings never again toured the US. I missed out on history. This excellent audience recording captures Macca & Wings on May 9, 1976, 49 years ago today in Toronto. 
















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pleeeeaaaasseeeee!!!!!!!!!!! any chance you re-post this concert and if its not too much, some SBD FROM 1990 AND 1993 TOURS? thanx in advance!!!!!

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy

Anonymous said...

downloading right now. thank you very much.

Gman said...

Thanks for this. And I know the feeling of past disappointments to haunt the concert goer. I should have gone with my younger sister to see Queen in the very early 80s, but I was stupid and just didn't feel like it at the time. I really should have sucked it up and gone! Oh well...

Jackson said...

Thank you for this WINGS !

speedymjb said...

@GMAN - its the reaso rule #10 in my book is "Don't Miss The Moment - Go To Every Concert You Can"

Gman said...

That's a great rule!!!

Post a Comment