Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Paul Simon - 1987-12-13 - Madison Square Garden, NY (SBD)

Paul Simon & Friends
1987-12-13
Benefit for New York Children’s Health Project
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included

Paul Simon
01. The Boy In The Bubble
02. Gumboots Whispering Bells
03. Crazy Love, Vol II
04. I Know What I Know
05. Introduces Paul Shaffer

Paul Shaffer & The World’s Most Dangerous Band
06. Treat Her Right
07. Introduces Deborah Harry & Grace Jones

Deborah Harry & Grace Jones
08. Introduce Lou Reed

Lou Reed
09. Tell It To Your Heart
10. New Sensations
11. Talk A Walk On The Wild Side
12. Introduces Dion -

Dion
13. The Wanderer
14. Runaround Sue
15. Teenager In Love

Paul Simon
16. Introduces Ladysmith Black Mambazo

Ladysmith Black Mambazo
17. Unknown Track
18. Homeless

Paul Simon
19. Graceland
20. You Can Call Me Al
21. Introduces Laurie Anderson

Laurie Anderson
22. Baby Doll
23. Let X=X It Tango

Paul Simon
24. - Introduces Ron Darling and Ron Mattingly

Ron Darling and Don Mattingly
25. Introduce Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen
26. Chats about the benefit
27. Born To Run
28. Brings out Paul Shaffer, Billy Joel& Paul Simon
29. Glory Days

Paul Simon
30. Introduces Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby
31. Introduces Rubén Blades

Rubén Blades
32. Cuentas del Alma
33. Muevete

Paul Simon
34. Introduces Lorne Michaels, Kevin Nealon & Chevy Chase

Lorne Michaels, Kevin Nealon & Chevy Chase
35. Introduce James Taylor

James Taylor
36. Looking For Love On Broadway
37. Carolina In My Mind
38. That Lonesome Road

Whoopie Goldberg
39. Introduces Nile Rogers

Nile Rodgers (with Chaka Khan)
40. We Are Family > Le Freak Good Time > I Feel For You

Paul Simon
41. Introduces Billy Joel

Billy Joel
42. New York State Of Mind

Paul Simon
43. Still Crazy After All These Years
44. Late In The Evening
45. Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes

Encore - All Musicians and Guests
46. Rock & Roll Music
47. Rock & Roll Music (reprise)


As mentioned in an earlier post, Paul Simon and Irwin Redlener, MD co-founded the Children’s Health Fund (CHF) in 1987 to provide health care to homeless children. Their efforts began in New York City, and Simon pulled out all the stops to raise money for his new foundation. He headlined a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden on December 13, 1987, 28 years ago today, with some help from a few friends, including Paul Shaffer, Deborah Harry, Lou Reed, Dion, James Taylor, Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen. This soundboard recording captures every note of that incredible benefit show. Download this one, and while you listen, be sure to visit the CHF site and make a donation to this worthy cause.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

link is dead on no premium dwld
but thanks for your blog
equal pleasure reading as listening
long live
jcg

Anonymous said...

Seems That Depositefiles Is Not Working One More Time.
No Link Once Again.
Zippyshare it please.
Thanks.

Dave said...

Sorry mate, same problem again. Looks like DepositFiles are targeting you :(

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the new Stones links, but I'm so sorry to tell you again, that the Paul Simon link was deleted too, by DepositFiles, reasoned by the Owner's rights. Please, can you repost the link? Thanks a lot again to you, many thanks!

speedymjb said...

New links are up!

Anonymous said...

Great show! Great sound! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Links gone again...definitely being targeted, bro.

speedymjb said...

new links are up!

Anonymous said...

down again.

Brett Alan said...

Oh, MAN!!!!

I was at this concert! It was an amazing thrill...I can still remember driving to the show and hearing a radio DJ mention that a certain Long Islander and another guy from New Jersey would be there--neither Billy nor Bruce was advertised ahead of time. I've been waiting a long time to hear this show again!

Not to complain at all, but just for information, it seems to not be "every note" of the show, though. I just listened to the Nile Rodgers segment, and there's definitely an edit from the performance by his band (billed as "Outloud with Nile Rodgers") and the beginning of "I Feel For You" by Chaka Kahn with Melle Mel. Some of Mel's rap is cut off as well as part of Outloud's performance. Also, I don't see "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five anywhere in the track listing--hope it's there somewhere. In any event though, I'm thrilled to have a way to relive one of the most fun shows I've ever seen, one that few people know much about.

Great site! Thanks for this and for the other concerts I've been grabbing. B^)

speedymjb said...

Always fun to find a show you attended! Enjoy the tunz!

Post a Comment