The Who
1973-12-06
Capital Centre
Landover MD
FM broadcast
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. I Can't Explain
02. Summertime Blues
03. My Wife
04. My Generation
05. The Real Me
06. The Punk And The Godfather
07. I'm One
08. 5:15
09. Sea And Sand
10. Drowned
11. Bell Boy
12. Doctor Jimmy
13. Love, Reign O'er Me
14. Won't Get Fooled Again
15. Pinball Wizard 3:16
16. See Me, Feel Me
The Who - 1973-12-06 - Capital Center, Landover, MD (SBD)
1973-12-06
Capital Centre
Landover MD
FM broadcast
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. I Can't Explain
02. Summertime Blues
03. My Wife
04. My Generation
05. The Real Me
06. The Punk And The Godfather
07. I'm One
08. 5:15
09. Sea And Sand
10. Drowned
11. Bell Boy
12. Doctor Jimmy
13. Love, Reign O'er Me
14. Won't Get Fooled Again
15. Pinball Wizard 3:16
16. See Me, Feel Me
The Who - 1973-12-06 - Capital Center, Landover, MD (SBD)
In October 1973, The Who released the album Quadropehnia which Pete Townshend has claimed is "the best music that I've ever written, I think, and it's the best album that I will ever write.". The band's second rock opera, Quadrophenia tells album the story of Jimmy, who has 4 personalities, or quadrophenia, a play on the term schizophrenia. The title is also a sly reference to the fact that the album was recorded in quadraphonic sound, a brand new technology at the time that required four speakers for full effect. Jimmy's four personalities were based on traits from the 4 original members of the Who (Townshend, Daltry, Entwistle and Moon), making the album somewhat a biography of the band. The Who toured extensively behind the album in 1973 and 1974, but those shows were among the most frustrating of their career. The goal was to play the entire album in concert, but efforts to recreate many of the disc's complex sounds through the use of backing tapes often resulted in disaster. Sometimes the band felt limited in their ability to play as their live music needed to be tied exactly to the backing tapes. Other times the tapes failed completely, throwing the show into complete disarray. By the last shows of the tour, the band was playing less than 1/2 the songs from Quadrophenia This soundboard recording captures the Who on the last night of the North American leg of that tour, on December 6, 1973, 43 years ago today.



3 comments:
my friend, i do not have words to thank you.
can you please re-up? thanks!
New link is up -enjoy!
Post a Comment