Billy Joel
1984-06-08
Wembley Arean
London, UK
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Introduction
02. Angry Young Man
03. My Life
04. Piano Man
05. Don't Ask Me Why
06. Allentown
07. Goodnight Saigon
08. Pressure
09. Leave A Tender Moment Alone
10. An Innocent Man
11. The Longest Time
12. This Night
13. Just The Way You are
14. Band introduction
15. Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
16. Sometimes A Fantasy
17. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
18. Uptown Girl
19. Big Shot
20. Tell Her About It
21. You May Be Right
22. Only The Good Die Young
In August 1983, Billy Joel released the album, An Innocent Man, on which each tune paid homage to the music of the late 50’s and early 60’s from artists such as Frankie Valli, Sam Cooke, Wilson Pickett, Smokey Robinson and The Supremes, just to name a few. The disc was also one of Joel’s most successful, climbing to #4 on the Billboard charts and being nominated for a Grammy for album of the year. An Innocent Man spawned 3 top ten singles - the title track at # 10, Uptown Girl at #3 and Tell Her About It which reached the top of the charts. Three other singles, The Longest Time, Leave a Tender Moment Alone and Keeping the Faith all made the top 20 on the Billboard charts. In January 1984, Joel launched a 6 month tour in support of the album. In June, he played 3 shows at Wembley Arena in London. The album had done even better in the UK than in the US, rising to the #2 spot on the British charts, with the single Uptown Girl hitting #1 across the pond. This soundboard captures the middle of 3 nights at Wembley on June 8 1984, 34 years ago today. Download this one to hear Billy Joel as he reached the top of the charts in the 1980’s with tunes inspired by music made 3 decades earlier.



18 comments:
Nice one Speedy.
This is a fab concert folks, i was there!! Still listen to this one regularly.
A very very good concert.
Thanks Normski. Very cool that you were at this one.
Hello! I've wanted this show pretty much forever, so it's great to see it here.
Can anyone help me though? I don't understand these .rar files. I have no idea how to open/covert them. FLAC or SHN I can work with. This ".rar" stuff seems to do me no good though.
This Billy Joel/Grateful Dead fan (does that make me unusual?) fan THANKS YOU!
To open a rar file, you need to download a program like winzip or winrar. You can find winrar at this link: http://winrar.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CMbn9fTzw7ACFQlN4AodMijpVA
After you doenload winrar, you'll be able to extract all the mp3 files inside the rar file.
Thanks much... It worked! Looks like I'm going to have to buy a license after about 40 days or so? Maybe I'll just download like a madman for the next month!
Anyhow, great to have this show. I think this might be taken from the BBC (FM) recording. Sounds a bit flat for a SBD. To this day, I can't figure out why this was never released as an official live album/video release (the show was broadcast live on both TV and radio in the UK).
Still, minor qualms aside it's great to finally have this. Thanks again!!
Sorry to keep rambling, but it's pretty odd... All of the mp3 tracks sound fine, but when I burn them to disc "An Innocent Man," "The Longest Time" and "Only the Good Die Young" all sound badly distorted/staticky on playback of the discs. Very strange.
Well, off to download more great music! Thank you for this amazing site.
thanks!
Can't wait to hear this one!
Would there be any chance of a new link for this show. May also ask for a couple of newer Billy Joel shows where the link has expired
New link is up - enjoy. No prob of you ask for a one or two more - just wait ttill next week when I'm done with my trip
Thanks very much
Speedy! When time allows, could you please re-up this show?
It's a great one, one of Billy's best, but I've had a hard time finding a good copy. My old You Tube rip is decidedly low quality, and it's one long track.
Shame this one never got an official release -- Audio/video alike. Should've been a no-brainer. Thanks, sir!
Hi! I'm desperately hunting the internet for the difinitive quality version of this concert, I've been watching/listening to it since I was a kid and would love to get hold of this high-quality version! Would you mind re-posting a link for download when you have a chance?
Hi! I would love to get hold of this copy in an attempt to finally have a proper-quality version after a lot of internet searching! Would really appreciate it if you have the time to re-post a download link?
New link is up - enjoy
Hello Speedy. When you get a chance, is this one that you could reup for me? Somehow I completely missed this gem. Thanks and have a great day!
New link is up - enjoy!
Thank you so much Speedy!
Post a Comment