Bruce Cockburn
1997-11-03
Van Duzer Theater,
Arcata, CA
November 3, 1997
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. intro
02. The Trouble With Normal
03. If A Tree Falls
04. The Whole Night Sky
05. Fascist Architecture
06. You Pay Your Money And You Take Your Chance
07. Night Train
08. The Embers Of Eden
09. intro
10. The Mines Of Mozambique
11. Birmingham Shadows
12. Mistress Of Storms
13. Pacing The Cage
14. Bone In My Ear
15. Live In My Mind
16. Strange Waters
17. Rocket Launcher
18. Wise Users
19. Stolen Land
20. The Charity Of Night
21. Sahara Gold
22. Call It Democracy
23. Silver Wheels
1997-11-03
Van Duzer Theater,
Arcata, CA
November 3, 1997
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. intro
02. The Trouble With Normal
03. If A Tree Falls
04. The Whole Night Sky
05. Fascist Architecture
06. You Pay Your Money And You Take Your Chance
07. Night Train
08. The Embers Of Eden
09. intro
10. The Mines Of Mozambique
11. Birmingham Shadows
12. Mistress Of Storms
13. Pacing The Cage
14. Bone In My Ear
15. Live In My Mind
16. Strange Waters
17. Rocket Launcher
18. Wise Users
19. Stolen Land
20. The Charity Of Night
21. Sahara Gold
22. Call It Democracy
23. Silver Wheels
1997: In 1984, I bought Bruce Cockburn’s album Stealing Fire, which yielded the well-known singles Lovers In A Dangerous Time and If I Had A Rocket Launcher. I soon lost touch with Cockburn’s music, however, moving on to other bands. I reconnected with his material, however, in the early 1990s, thanks to Jerry Garcia. At a concert at Madison Square Garden in November 1991, I heard Garcia play a wonderful tune called Waiting On A Miracle. Knowing it wasn’t a Jerry original, I did some research, and lo and behold, learned it was written by Cockburn about the revolution in Nicaragua. As long time readers of this blog know, I have always credited the Dead for introducing me to a host of music and styles that I might never otherwise learned about. This soundboard recording captures Cockburn in Arcata on November 3, 1997, 27 years ago today.



0 comments:
Post a Comment