Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 28, 2024

Stevie Wonder - 1988-11-28 - Atlanta, GA (SBD)

Stevie Wonder
1988-11-28
Fox Theater 
Atlanta, GA 
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. I'm A Man 
02. Master Blaster (Jammin') 
03. Bird Of Beauty 
04. Reality Check 
05. Higher Ground
06. That Girl
07. You Will Know 
08. All I Do 4:31
09. With A Touch
10. Superwoman 
11. Creepin'
12. You And I
13. Ribbon In The Sky
14. Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing 
15. My Cherie Amour 
16. Signed, Sealed, Delivered 
17. I Was Made To Love Her 
18. Living For The City 
19. Do I Do 
20. Interlude #1
21. Free 
22. band introductions
23. Sir Duke 
24. I Wish
25. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life 
26. Superstition 
27. My Eyes Don't Cry 
28. Not The Human Race 
29. Saturn 
30. Dark 'N' Lovely
31. Fingertips
32. I Want You Back 
33. I Just Called To Say I Love You
34. Part Time Lover 
35. Skeletons 


1988: In November 1987, Stevie Wonder released his 21st studio album, entitled Characters.  Reception  to the album was mixed. On the one hand, critics didn't love it, and the album became his first since 1972's Music On My Mind not to reach the top 10 on the Billboard album charts, peaking at #17.  On the other hand, it debuted at #1 on the Top R&B Albums chart, staying there for for seven weeks, and spawned six singles including three that hit the Billboard Hot 100 - Get It, a duet with Michale Jackson at #80,Skeletons at #19 and the ballad You Will Know at #77.  Wonder also received 3 Grammy nominations for the album, through he did not win any.  This soundbaord recording captures him on tour in support of the album about a year after its release, in Atlanta on November 28, 1988, 3 dozen years ago today.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another one new to me! Many thanks. Polypheme

David said...

Thanks!

Rebhoj said...

THANKS

Post a Comment