Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 21, 2024

Hall & Oates - 1981-11-21 - Palladium, NY, NY (FM)

Hall & Oates
1981-11-21
The Palladium
New York, NY
WNEW-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Introduction by John Scher
02. How Does It Feel To Be Back
03. Diddy Doo Wop
04. Mano A Mano
05. Rich Girl
06. She's Gone
07. I Can't Go For That
08. Kiss On My List
09. Going To A Go-Go > Peanut Butter Song > Wipeout > Funky Broadway > Band Introductions
10. Sara Smile
11. Wait For Me
12. Private Eyes
13. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
14. You Make My Dreams
15. United State
16. Radio Outro


1981: Believe it or not, the 2nd concert I ever attended was Hall & Oates on June 23, 1977 at the Garden State (now the PNC Bank) Arts Center in Holmdel NJ. I was a big fan of the tune She's Gone, which when re-released in 1976, went to #7 on the Billboard charts. I also really enjoyed the songs Sara Smile, which went to #4 on the Billboard charts, and Rich Girl, which became the duo's first #1 hit. I saw the band for a 2nd time on September 14, 1978, also at the Arts Center. At that point, the duo's sound started to take on more of a pop music feel, and I lost interest in them. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the new direction, the band soared to new heights, scoring five #1 hits in the early 1980s. This FM broadcast captures the band during that run of commercial success, on November 21, 1981, 43 years ago today, in New York on the final night of the Private Eyes tour.




1 comments:

Post a Comment