Youth For Vietnam Veterans Benefit
featuring Mike Finnigan, CSN, George Thorogood, and John Fogerty
1986-11-11
University of Kansas
Lawerence KS
WNEW-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Mike Finnigan
01. Introduction
02. Star Spangled Banner
03. All Around The World
04. God Bless the Child
05. One of These Mornings
Crosby, Stills & Nash
06. Wooden Ships
07. Almost Cut My Hair
08. Midnight Rider
09. For What It's Worth
10. Treetop Flyer
11. Change Partners
12. Long Time Gone
13. Southern Cross
George Thorogood
14. Long Gone
15. Who Do You Love?
16. Cocaine Blues
17. Night Time
18. I Drink Alone (end cuts)
John Fogerty
19. Introduction
20. Mr. Greed
21. Vanz Kant Danz
22. Knocking On Your Door
23. Headlines
24. banter
25. The Old Man Down The Road
26. Centerfield
27. Eye Of The Zombie
28. Violence Is Golden
29. Sail Away
30. Soothe Me
31. Mary, Don't You Weep
32. I Found A Love
33. Big Train
34. Change In The Weather
35. Rock And Roll Girls
36. Rockin' All Over The World
37. banter
38. Roll Over Beethoven
1986: Incredibly, for a concert featuring Mike Finnigan, CSN, George Thorogood , and John Fogerty, very little information exists on line about this show. The benefit, which was held on Veterans Day, was sponored by a student organization at Univerity Of Kansas. Student organizer Craig Kruege explained that "We wanted to help the Vietnam vets and do our little part to honor them and we thought this would be the most appropriate way - youth helping youth". All proceeds went toward scholarships for the children of Vietnam vets. This FM broadcast captures the benefit show in its entirety, from November 11, 1986, 38 years ago today. And please take a momwnt toiday to honor all those who have served in the miltary protecting our freedoms.



3 comments:
Looks like a good one.
Wow!! Speedy my good friend, Thank YOU for this!! I needed this for sure as well as that folder you just shared with me too! I remember watching this with my Dad who is a Viet Nam vet. One of the few times I can remember my Dad crying. Not just shedding a tear but crying, because of how much caring was coming through. When you think members of these bands protested the war and helped to a generation demonize those who served. When my Dad arrived in Detroit after 3 years in the war he was told to change out of his uniform into civies because protesters at the airport where giving returning soldiers a rough time. My Dad left for the war 5 months after I was born, I met him when I was almost 4. Anyway when people like CSN showed they cared about the vets it really meant something..Thanks agian Speedy! Mad love my friend!
JustDave
@JustDave - glad I could bring back fond memories!
Post a Comment