Gregg Allman
1987-05-25
Auditorium Shores
Austin, TX
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. DJ Intro
02. I Don't Want You No More >
03. It's Not My Cross To Bear >
04. Old Time Feelin'
05. Faces Without Names
06. Trouble No More
07. Anything Goes
08. Hot 'lanta
09. I'm No Angel
10. Statesboro Blues
11. Please Call Home
12. Whipping Post
13. One Way Out
1987: In 1982, the Allman Brothers Band broke up, unable to operate as band anymore due to tensions, alcohol and drugs. Dickie Betts explained that "we broke up in '82 because we decided we better just back out or we would ruin what was left of the band’s image." For most of the next 5 years, Greg Allman wandered around in a drunken haze, unable or unwilling to make new music. He later explained that “No two ways about it, the ’80s were rough. [...] It was seven years of going, "What is it that I do?” Being self-employed your whole life, that becomes a certain rock, a reinforcement. When that’s gone, not only are you bored stiff, but you just want to cry—"What do I do? I know I used to serve a purpose." In 1987, somehow, Allman again found that purpose, recording a solo album for Epic Records appropriately entitled I'm No Angel. The title track became a top 40 hit, and Allman went on tour in support of the disc. This FM broadcast captures him on May 15, 1987, 35 years ago today, in Austin, The success of the album brought new attention to the Allman Brothers, which was further reinforced 2 years later by the release of the box set Dreams, celebrating the band's 20th anniversary. As the 1980s closed, the Allman Brothers would reform, and stay together for another quarter century!



7 comments:
Many thanks for this and very best wishes to you.
@howlingwilf - always great when you stop by! Enjoy and hope all is well!
Speedy thanks for upping this one. I had this on Cassette and its no longer playable. Be well ..enjoy the summer of 2022
A repost of this would be awesome, thank you
New link is up! Enjoy!
Wonderful, thank you so much. I haven't asked for much lately because I was able to find the majority of the Allman Brothers concerts I wanted in case you were wondering. Now I'm starting to collect Gregg Allman's concerts instead.
Dang, I just listened to a couple songs from this concert and it's sound quality is really good. Most concerts from radio broadcasts are terrible quality, but this one is superb. Great find.
Post a Comment