Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Jefferson Starship - 1982-05-28 - San Francisco, CA (SBD)

Jefferson Starship
1982-05-28
Viet Nam Veterans Benefit
Moscone Convention Center,
San Francisco, CA.
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. intro  
02. Somebody To Love 
03. Ride the Tiger 
04. Stranger 
05. Fast Buck Freddy  
06. Find Your Way Back  
07. Save Your Love  
08. Fooled Around And Fell In Love  
09. The Girl With The Hungry Eyes >
10. bass solo >
11. bass & synthesizer duet 

CD 2:
01. Play On Love  
02. Jane
03. Light The Sky On Fire >
04. drum solo
05. Stairway To Cleveland
06. Dance With The Dragon

Encore
07. White Rabbit
08. Rock 'n' Roll Is Good Time Music


1982: I try not to post anything from Jeffeson Starship after 1979 as I'm no fan of the direction the band took in the 1980s, especially since they released a tune that many feel is the worst rock song of all time, We Built This City On Rock and Roll (go here for more on that!). But I'll make an exception with this soundboard recording from May 28, 1982, 4 decades ago today. First, the concert features original Jefferson Airplane members Grace Slick & Paul Kantner. Second, the show was a benefit for Viet Nam Veterans. Third, and finally, the bill also featured Country Joe and the Garateful Dead, making this a 1960 reunion of bands who firmly opposed the war in Viet Nam.




5 comments:

swappers said...

I do so relate to what you say about Starship and share your opinion on the later incarnation but from what you say and sharing your reasoning, I will give this a try. Thanks so much for all you make available, Speedy. It is always appreciated

speedymjb said...

my pleasure - enjoy

beautyanddabeast in Flagstaff said...

I really don't recall the Grateful Dead ever taking a public stand re: the vietnam war in any direction. I thought that it was their policy to not be political (even though i do recall them (Bobby) occasionally mentioning voting on a proposition). But I never heard any Vietnam War talk...

speedymjb said...

See this article about the Dead's 1968 anti war concert https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/grateful-dead-protest-gig-columbia-1968-video/

beautyanddabeast in Flagstaff said...

Thank you. I'll check it out!

Post a Comment