Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductions
2007-03-12
Waldorf Astoria Hotel
New York, NY
TV Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
2007-03-12
Waldorf Astoria Hotel
New York, NY
TV Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Aretha Franklin (Ahmet Ertegun Tribute)
01. I Never Loved A Man (the Way I Love You)
02. Don't Play That Song
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
01. Freedom
02. White Lines
03. The Message
Patti Smith
01. Gimme Shelter
02. Because The Night
R.E.M.
01. Begin The Begin
02. Gardening At Night
03. Man On The Moon with Eddie Vedder-
05. I Wanna Be Your Dog with Patti Smith
The Ronettes
01. Baby, I Love You
02. Walking In The Rain
03. Be My Baby
Sammy Hagar & Michel Anthony
01. Why Can't This Be Love
Probably the biggest name indcuted at the 2007 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony was Van Halen, but neither David Lee Roth, nor the the Van Halen Brothers showed up. Grandmaster Flash became the first hip hop group inducted (I'll leave it to you to decide it that's a positive or negative). Patti Smith finally got in, after appearing at numeorus ceremonies to perform tribute songs to honor another inductes. REM's induction was highlighted by a reunion with Bill Berry, who had left the band after suffering a brain aneurysm. And the Ronettes reminded everyone why the term "Sixties Girl Group" was a badge of rock & roll honor
This TV soundboard recording captures the musical highlights from that ceremony on March 12, 2007, 17 years.s ago today. A complete list of inductees is provided below.
|
Artist |
Inducted By |
Category |
|
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five |
Jay-Z |
Performer |
|
Patti
Smith |
Zack de la Rocha |
Performer |
|
R.E.M. |
Eddie Vedder |
Performer |
|
Keith Richards |
Performer |
|
|
Van
Halen |
Velvet Revolver |
Performer |



3 comments:
Thanks for this one! To answer your Grandmaster Flash question, they're the only rap group that I ever liked. I actually have their first album on CD, called "The Message" and it's very dated but still so much fun. Rap was much more interesting in the early 80s, playing with real instruments, and fewer samples. They did sample some, of course. Most notably from the Tom Tom Club's Genius of Love. It's very sad though that the important members of VH didn't show...
THANKS
Simply amazing, again - thank you!
Post a Comment