Coming Attractions

From September 22 to 30, we'll bring you:
Gregg Allman, Greg Kihn, Plant & Page, the Grateful Dead, Eric Clapton, Steve Miller, the Hurricane Andrew Relief concert, Spin Doctors, Graham Parker, Bill Graham Tribute Concert, the Grateful Dead, and John Hiatt!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 16, 2025

Dead Links, Download Hosts, and Re-Post Requests - Oh My!

Often times, new visitors to So Many Roads ask why numerous old posts have dead links. The answer is simple.  First, given that we have over 5000 shows posted on this site, it is next to impossible to keep all the links active, That would be a full time job and nothing new would get posted. Second, and maybe more important,  the free download hosts that I use simply do not store files for more than 30 to 60 days. And believe me, I have tried countless ones over the year -  from the original Megaupload to Zippyshare to Sendspace to Workupload to Solidfiles to our latest, Mirrored.to.  All have their pro's and con's, but none that I know of keep free files for more than 1 or 2 months.

All that said, if you are looking for a re-up of a show, feel free to leave a request in the comments section of the post. We have a formal re-post policy here at So Many Roads (see sidebar) which really consists of just 2 things:
  1. Please be polite when you ask for a re-post.  Leaving a coment like "Dead Link" is a statement of fact, not a request. I really do appreciate a "please" or a "thanks in advance" as part of your request. A little kindness goes a long way.
  2. Please don't ask me to re-post every show by a particular artist. Remember, you're not the only person asking. I can handle requests for a a show a week (and you are welcome to come back the next week and ask for another, etc.), but if you are asking me to re-post dozens of dead links, I simply won't be able to handle that.
I hope all the above helps!  Remember - be kind and enjoy the tunz!

4 comments:

Gman said...

Thank you for all your hard work on this fantastic site!!

speedymjb said...

@Gman - my pleasure, my friend.

doughboyjoe said...

thanks for all the work you put it. i appreciate it!!

Anonymous said...

Often visit and download shows, very much appreciate your efforts. Thank you!

Post a Comment