Grateful Dead &
Jefferson Airplane
1967-08-05
O'Keefe Center
Toronto, Canada
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Grateful Dead - Early Show
01. Deep Elem Blues
02. Cold Rain and Snow
03. Big Boss Man
04. That's It For The Other One*
05. Tuning & Stage Banter
06. I Know You Rider
Grateful Dead - Evening Show
01. Stage Banter & Tuning
02. Dancing In The Streets
03. Stage Banter & Tuning
04. Morning Dew
05. It Hurts Me Too
06. Cold Rain And Snow
07. Stage Banter & Tuning
08. Turn On Your Lovelight
Jefferson Airplane
01. White Rabbit
02. Bringing Me Down
03. High Flying Bird
04. She Has Funny Cars
05. Come Back Baby
06. It's No Secret
07. Other Side Of This Life
08. Get Together
09. Let Me In
10. Today
11, Introduction
12. Go To Her
13. Jam
14. 3/5 of a Mile In 10 Seconds
15. Fat Angel
16. Somebody To Love
As promised yesterday, here's another post featuring the Dead and Jefferson Airplane on tour togther in Toronto in 1967. This one is a soundboard recording from August 5, 1967, 58 years ago today. Thanks to a recently dioscovered tape, we have both the Dead's early and late shows, as we well as an entire set from the Airplane.



5 comments:
To say my mind is boggled by this would be a mild understatement. A never before heard soundboard of the Dead from 1967 simply does not just fall from the sky like this. I can't thank you enough for this Speedy. I am listening to it as I write and the sound quality is sensational and the band sounds amazing. I'll have to check out the Airplane too to see if it is an upgrade of the copy I already have but getting these Dead sets is truly extraordinary. You've made my day for sure!
Alan - my pleasure! Enjoy!
You do realize that this is the earliest version of the Other One captured on tape, right? Listen closely to the two verses that Bobby sings and you will hear virtually none of the lyrics that we are all so familiar with. There are only a couple of other versions in circulation where he's trying out different versions of the lyrics (from October and November, 1967). So this is really a legendary find. Try to imagine a GD universe where there was no bus that all of us got on! That's what we are hearing in this version. Thank you!!!!
I didn't realize that! Wow!
And I just learned this is the first time the Dead ever played Turn On Your Lovelight
Post a Comment