Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 13, 2026

Sammy Davis Jr - 1988-03-13 - Oakland, CA (TV SBD)

Sammy Davis Jr.
1988-03-13
The Together Again 
Oakland Coliseum 
Oakland, CA
TV Soundboard Recording
Video Below

01. Here I'll Stay 
02. And I Am Telling You 
03. I've Gotta Be Me 
04. Improvisation 
05. The Candy Man 
06. What Kind Of Fool Am I?
07. Mr. Bojangles 

1980s- #2: In 1988, the legendary Rat Pack - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr - announced a reunion tour, entitled Together Again. They scheduled 29 concerts, opening on March 13 in Oakland and closing on April 9 in New York City, the last night of 4 in the Big Apple. Unfortunately, after just 6 shows, Dean Martin dropped out of the tour, citing health issues. Dean was clearly in no shape to perform as during his time on the tour he constantly forgot lyrics and slurred his words, Frank and Sammy, in the grand tradition that "the show must go on", continued the tour as a duo. Later, Liza Minnelli joined Frank and Sammy as part of the tour.  This TV soundboard recording captures Sammy's set on opening night in Oakland, on March 13, 1988, 38 years ago today.


1 comments:

greatscott67 said...

Thanks for the Sammy! This is one I didn't have! What a great entertainer he was.

Post a Comment