The Ramones
1978-01-07
The Palladium
New York, NY
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Rockaway Beach
02. Teenage Lobotomy
03. Blitzkrieg Bop
04. I Wanna Be Well
05. Glad To See You Go
06. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
07. You're Gonna Kill That Girl
08. I Don't Care
09. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
10. Havana Affair
11. Commando
12. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
13. Surfin' Bird
14. Cretin Hop
15. Listen To My Heart
16. California Sun
17. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
18. Pinhead
19. Do You Want To Dance
20. Chainsaw
21. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
22. Now I Wanna Be A Good Boy
23. Suzy Is A Headbanger
24. Let's Dance
25. Oh, Oh, I Love You So
26. Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
27. We're A Happy Family
LINK REMOVED - OFICIALLY RELEASED
Although they were the leaders of the NY punk scene, the Ramones were often criticized for “knowing only 3 chords and having every song sound the same. Those critics missed the point – The Ramones marked a return to a more pure brand of rock and roll, stripping away all the excess that had plagued the rock scene in the mid 1970s. This FM broadcast, from January 7, 1978, 34 years ago today, captures the band in front of their hometown crowd at the Palladium in New York. The show took place less than a week after their historic performance on New Year’s Eve at The Rainbow Theatre in London, a show that was immortalized on the album It’s Alive. This Palladium show has an identical set list to the Rainbow Theater performance, 27 songs all performed in less than 1 hour! That’s a blistering pace, even for the Ramones as the masters of the 2-minute song! Download this one to catch the Ramones at the top of their game as the leading lights of the punk and new wave revolution.



2 comments:
I bought this show as a CD from Amazon, so it probably shouldn't be here.
your site however is wonderful and I plan to spend many a happy hour here.
Thanks - didn't know it was official. I've removed the link
Post a Comment