Bruce Springsteen
1974-03-03
Gaston Hall
Georgetown University
Washington DC
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Wild Billy's Circus Story
02. New York City Serenade
03. Spirit In The Night
04. The E Street Shuffle
05. Walkin' The Dog
CD 2:
01. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
02. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
03. Kitty's Back
04. For You
05. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
In 1973, Bruce Springsteen released his first 2 albums to critical acclaim, but little commercial success. So, as 1974 began, he took to the road, playing small clubs, college campuses and radio station gigs in hope of building an audience for his music. It would be on this tour, in May 1974, that music critic Jon Landau, wrote the famous line, "Last Thursday, at the Harvard Square Theater, I saw my rock'n'roll past flash before my eyes. And I saw something else: I saw rock and roll future and its name is Bruce Springsteen. And on a night when I needed to feel young, he made me feel like I was hearing music for the very first time." Soon afterward, Landau would become Springsteen's manager and producer, and help him finish his landmark album, Born To Run. That was still a few months in the future though, when Bruce played the 750 seat Gaston Hall on the campus of Georgetown University on March 3, 1974, 47 years ago today. This FM broadcast captures the entire 90 minute show, featuring 10 songs from his first 2 albums. Download this one to catch Bruce on the cusp of rock and roll stardom!


5 comments:
Thanks so much for all that you do! I really appreciate all of the great music that I've gotten here. If you get a chance, could you please repost this show? Thanks.
Speedy, thanks for this one. It look good. Early Springsteen FM quality. It's a winner.
HUGH - MY PLEASURE!
thanks for the bruce,i love that early stuff. (oh by the way got my 1st moderna on the 26th yay
Good news! Still waiting for an appoitment here!
Post a Comment